Saturday, December 09, 2006

More pics for the grandparents...






Hello everyone! We are doing well in Spain. Today we went to the city La Rambla. There are several ceramic shops with beautiful pottery all over town. It's relatively inexpensive and we plan to buy some things once our stuff from the States gets here and we know what we need/have room for. We hope our things get here soon! We have loner furniture from base, but it will be nice to have our own things. The Christmas season/Dia de Los Reyes is in full swing here. We went to IKEA the other day and were shocked by the amount of people shopping! It was way worse than anything we had seen in America. Sevilla has a lot of Christmas markets going on right now and we plan to go down town soon. All of the cathedrals have beautiful nativity scenes set up and chestnuts are being roasted on the corners. We're participating in many new traditions and are enjoying the fun. Mike bought a jamon serrano (yes, it's that giant pigs leg in the picture). It's actually pretty tasty - a real Spanish treat! We hope you like the pics of our house too. The one of Mike and Jay is from the balcony off our room. We're enjoying living here. We miss and love everyone at home! p.s. If anyone couldn't get the video of Jay working, I fixed it so it should be fine now. Try it again.

2 comments:

ajlewisfamily said...

Spain! You are having way to much fun. More play than work I hope. Is that a picture of your home? Looks like a Spanish Villa. Christmas in Spain. It sounds so romantic or exotic or fantastic. Have a great one.

Blake and Brea said...

Dej, This is so pretty. Jay is getting so big. Blake and I are moving back to California on the 20 of December. I love the wonderful pictures. I love you guys so much.