

The first day you held me you loved me more than life itself. I know that now.
The first time I gripped your finger with my little hand, you knew life would never be the same. It’s different for me now too.
The first smile I offered you nearly burst your heart with joy. I feel that joy now too.
The first gurgle of delight that came out of my mouth made your whole body laugh inside and out. I know that feeling too.
You have been there for me every step of the way: for every joy, for every pain, for every up, for every down, for every smile, for every tear. Now I know how to be there too.
And you’re still here for me. You mend while I’m mending, smile while I’m smiling, care while I’m caring and teach while I’m teaching.
How could I ever do this job right without you? You have been my example and you are leading me still. I’ll always be your little girl, and you’ll always be my mommy.
Thank you.
3 comments:
Dear darling daughter, you are truly a special young mother and I love you so very much. Your sweet words bring tears to my eyes as I think back about all those joyful, precious times we have had together. You have always been a bright light in my life and now, more than ever with the added light and love from Mike and our precious little Jay, I can truely feel how Heavenly Father loves us...not really something you can put into words using our limited human vocabulary but, I feel it in my heart even if unable to express that joy. It is like the joy that must have been felt by Joseph Smith in the secret grove or the apostles walking with the savior in Jerusalem or the Nephites being blessed by the Savior on our ground. Nephi couldn't put it into words and I cannot as well but know that the joy and love I feel for you is always, always there. Now that you are a mama, you do knowthat joy! I love you sweet girl! mom
Wow Anna, you almost make me think it's worth it, but don't worry, there is plenty of me that still needs convincing. did you write that yourself, or is that someone else's poem you used? It was beautiful and I loved the pictures you posted with it.
Mikaela- I can continue the convincing, don't worry :) Come on, just think how cool you and Dan would be as parents? And I know you can't wait to shave your kid's head. I did write that poem, thank you! I sure miss you. Definitely plan on seeing me in August.
Post a Comment