Friday, April 27, 2007

Green Grass and Bananas


We spent an hour in the bird park a few days ago and it was so warm that Jay got to feel the grass on his bare toes. He was very interested in it. New things are always a hit. I got some cute pictures of him while we were there. (sorry to everyone who's not interested in seeing more of our millions of pictures of Jay, but we've got to satisfy the grandparents)

Other news: Jay finally is eating solid food. And what is it? Bananas! Today I mixed his oatmeal cereal with milk and mushed up platanos and Jay loved it. He loved it so much that I had to actually make him more (very unusual for him)! Then after he finished that I figured he was done, but when I went to get him out of his high chair he protested loudly until I would give him more. I tried feeding him the mushed banana by itself and he even loved that. Yeah for bananas! Mike says that he used to love bananas as a baby too and at one point, that was all he'd eat. I guess it's in the genes. He's definitely his daddy's baby - he looks like him, eats like him and even says "dada." Come on now, don't I at least deserve a mama? :)



3 comments:

Nonna said...

Our baby is growing up. I sense he is going to be a landscaper..he is studying the grass so intently! What wonderful pics..I love them..the many expressions of a 7month old. I can't wait to see him in June! love mom

Anonymous said...

Hi Annamarie (Dejah),
I am finally writing to you and your beautiful family. Your little Jay is sooo cute, and very photogenic! Aren't little baby boys the best blessings ever? My little Owen brings me incredible joy and laughter. We have your birth anouncement photo of Jay on the refrigerator and Owen always looks at Jay and smiles. I feel that Jay is his friend he hasn't yet met. Well, Owen is keeping all of us on our toes since he began to crawl at your parents' home in Maui several weeks ago. Your parents were so nice to let us stay there. It was so beautiful and relaxing.
Owen is also teething alot,his two top front teeth are growing in. Despite these milestones, he is still not sleeping through the night. You are so lucky you can finally enjoy a whole eight hours of straight sleep. I forget what it is like to go to bed and not wake up until you are ready to get up.
What an amazing experience it must be to be living in Spain for a few years. I bet Jay will be speaking Spanish before you know it. He'll be your interpretor one day. The pictures in Sevilla are beautiful of you in the festive,red dress. You are a gorgeous family, and you can see the joy and love you all have for eachother.

Your very old friend,
Heidi

Unknown said...

Heidi, I'm not sure if you'll check back here or not, but it is so good to hear from you! It's funny that you mention Jay is on your refrigerator because we have Owen's picture on ours and Jay also likes to look at it. They must already know they are friends. Owen is a beautiful little boy. I'd love to see more pictures of him when you get a chance. Do you have my email address? Little boys are definitely a great blessing. They are so curious and sweet and loveable. I'm so glad you were able to go to Hawaii and stay at my parent's house. Maui is a very special place!
I'm amazed Owen has already learned to crawl. You must have been good about giving him tummy time :) Jay still isn't crawling. Who knows, maybe he'll go straight to walking someday! Owen has two teeth as well? I bet he looks so cute with them! I'm sorry to hear he's not sleeping through the night yet. That is so hard. We finally were fed up and tried the Ferber method from Solve Your Child's Sleep Problems. He did cry some at first, but he is so much better now. He hardly crys at all at bed time. I think the biggest thing for Jay was going to sleep without his binki in. He used to wake up so much and not go back to sleep until it was in again. I'm sure Owen will figue it out soon. Jay has only been sleeping for a few weeks now, so I definitely know how you feel! It sure is wonderful to be a mom though, isn't it? It seems like we were just little girls playing together and now we have babies only days apart. Who would have guessed? Thank you again for writing. It's so good to hear from you!

Your friend,
Dejah