
So lately Jay has decided he doesn't like vegetables - and fruit is also questionable. How do you get a baby to eat more than bread, crackers and potatoes? He's starch crazed! Any ideas would be much appreciated. If I even try to put vegetables on his tray he quickly drops them off the side, not wanting to accidentally put one into his mouth. I've even tried to sneak a few vegetables in with a bite of something else, but somehow he always finds the vegetables and spits them out while managing to keep the "yummy" food in. How does he do that? He's a smart little guy. Here are a few pics of Jay trying to feed himself. As you can see, little actually gets into his mouth. I figure it's a good tactile experience anyway.
4 comments:
Oh, the picky eating begins! I feel for you - the problem is it never totally goes away. My kids just move from one phase to the next of things they'll eat and things they won't. Good luck!
And I hate when Alex wants to feed herself things like yogurt...what a mess!
How frustrating! But that's how lots of babies are and some (like me) don't grow out of it until adulthood. And I turned out okay ;) Check out my friend Jessi's site. She invites a friend over who DOES like certain foods and then he eats them in front of her little guy. Well, then her little guy wants to be like his friend so he eats it! Talk about learning peer pressure at an early age! it's cute though.
Hey guys, so it turns out, it's all your fault that he's a picky eater...check out this article from the NY Times:
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/10/dining/10pick.html?em&ex=1192248000&en=d02dc2adbc4712a2&ei=5087%0A
Miss you guys. Os querer muy bueno. That's about all that's left of my Spanish :)
I wish I had some words of advice, but Rebekah has the same problem! Well, a little different in that she eats absolutely nothing!
Post a Comment