
We have had so much fun having Abuela Jill in Spain! Not only has Jay been able to do whatever he wants, whenever he wants but mom and dad have been able to sleep in in the mornings as well. What more could you ask for? This trip has been pretty low key. We've taken many walks, eaten bunuelos (mini-doughnuts, which our very good friend Maria sells downtown) and pastries, played with the next-door neighbor's dogs, cooked, baked and

visited the gypsy market in town. Jay, Jill and I took the train into Sevilla one day too. We had a blast navigating the city on our own. We have definitely been walking, walking, walking. But that's just what you do in Spain. In Sevilla we watched the horses and ate ice cream. Yum! Grandma even bought Jay his own ice cream. I don't think he's ever had his own. Que suerte. We also went over to Rota one day, which is where the bigger Naval Base is. A huge new shopping cent

er opened up on Friday and we went for the grand opening. It was so much fun! It's probably hard to imagine how excited we were by this opening, or why. In the States you have everything you could ever want to buy at your fingertips, but we miss many American things here. With the new opening of this shopping center we finally can buy American things. Okay, we have been able to buy some American products before now, but not on this level. We even were able to buy a Wii!!! So fun. At the grand opening there were many raffles and games. Jay and I even got to

ride on a little train. Jill has been noticing the many new things that Jay can do. Things that mom and dad don't notice as much since we're with him every day. It's so wonderful to see him in her eyes. I love our little boy so much. He truly is a miracle. I've asked Jill to write down some of her observations of him lately: I never knew being a Grandma could be so wonderful. This little guy has stolen my heart. The best part is that ev

en though we don't see each other often, he has completely embraced me only the love a little one can give--hugs, kisses, endless smiles, mischievous grins, snuggles, and more smiles--we call it "perma-smile." I don't know when I've laughed more. Jay keeps the endorphins flowing! What joy. I call him our little scientist--he studies so carefully the bubbles in the bath tubs, the

wrinkles in his fingers after a long bath, the ice cubes in his stroller tray, the crumbs on the floor, the telephone buttons, the interlocking blocks, the cap on a pen, the neighbors dogs next door, the sidewalk tiles as we push him endlessly back and forth into town and anything else that needs investigating. He loves to roll the pumpkin down the outside stairs (and much to my amazement it's still in one piece), softly touch the roses at the church down the street, climb the stairs made of unforgiving marble for hours and has yet to take a fall (thank heavens), and push a favorite toy as he walks behind it for days (or so it seems). I'm glad that Grandmas get bragging rights without permission. I have loved my time in Spain with Jay, Anna and Mike more than words can express. I just wish Spain happened to be closer to Utah. (P.S. Speaking of amazing--did you know that Anna is now completely bi-lingual?? She is absolutely remarkable. To hear her teach primary and chat for an hour with friends and dinner guests completely blows my mind. What a Spaniard!)
3 comments:
Grandama Gerry is sitting beside me right here and we are oooing and gooing over Jay. Looks like Jill had quite a time in Spain. Do you think she will come home? What's in Utah to live for without a grandchild????? Well, we are loving you blog Anna!!! Thanks for sharing it with us all. Grandma Gerry says HI! Love You!!!
We wish were there with you all. Have a great one. Love, Janet and Grandma Gerry
Congrats on your newest addition to the family - the Wii. We love ours SOOOO much. And Zoe loves watching us play. She gets out the controllers and waves them around. She will watch Mario endlessly, just like a Baby Einstein movie. Oh, and just so you know, we have some pictures of you stored away for flashback Friday!!!
You guys are such a cute family! I am glad you have some family in town, that is great! Good luck in Germany!
Post a Comment