Thursday, December 06, 2007
Sick, sick, sick
A terrible cold has been going around and we've got it! Mike is now sick a second time and Jay and I are getting over our first bouts. The cough will probably linger for days. Jay and I received flu shots yesterday, so hopefully they will help our chances of not getting sick again. The bad thing is that Jay woke up at 10:30 pm with a high fever of 102 from the shot. Poor little guy. He just kept whining and whining over and over again. He was so tired, but feeling so awefule he couldn't sleep. After I got him to go back to bed he woke up again at 11:30 pm and wouldn't sleep again until 12:30 am. Luckily his fever had gone down by then. He woke up at 6:00 am,
his usual time, but I coerced him back to sleep until 8:30 am. Poor Mike though. He drove for a total of 24 hours in the last 2 days and was sick for half of it with chills. I guess Europe is hitting us hard with all the strands of cold and flu we never had in the States. Well, hopefully we'll all be feeling better soon. The good news is we'll be living in Germany by this time next week! Mike is already there and Jay and I go to join him next Wednesday. We're so excited. Jay is going to miss his friends here, and Mike and I will too, but we'll be back to see them soon. I can't wait to see what adventures are in store for us in Germany!
We had a great Enrichment last night. Again, I cannot express how much I love the people in our ward. They wanted to make sure I could be there for our Christmas Enrichment so they decided to set the date early in the month. We had a secret Santa gift exchange. The only rule was you had to make your gift. You could buy the materials but that's all. It was such a nice night. We had a little lesson, watched the nativity story and then each person opened their gift in front of everyone. After the gift was opened, the person who made it revealed h
erself. I received a beautiful glass marmalade jar with a little embroidered cloth on top that says, "For a special friend." My sweet friend Josefina made it for me. She even wrote the words in English! I made a Family Home Evening wheel for Nancy. She is a wonderful woman too. I had so much fun making my present. I even drilled the holes in the wood to put the screw through.
P.S. Here's a little video of Jay playing in the basement. He's crawling in the video, but he's SO close to walking. He loves walking while holding both hands and he can walk holding only one hand too, but he doesn't like it as much. He also stands up spontaneously and even pivots around occasionally. We'll keep you posted.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
what a wonderful creation for your sister...looks like you really put a lot of time and effort into this and how special it turned out! I am so tickled by your creativity since I have so little. Thank goodness you have the Johnson genes as well as the Erickson's! I love you, sweetie! mom
by the way, where is the video??
Anna,
Okay so the baby bottle idea was already taken, but the F.H.E. wheel idea is your original. There's your millions! Wow, it was much more than I thought. No wonder the other ladies wanted one too. You're amazing. I loved the video in the pool!
xo Jill*
Post a Comment