Friday, March 07, 2008

Playing

Today we had a play date with friends from our ward. We had such a good time! Liam and Jay are very close to the same age and they even look a lot alike. Melodie and I seem to dress them in similar clothes too. Jay had a hard time sharing all his precious toys (which he hardly gives a second glance when no one else is around) but after a little while he and Liam were having a great time. It was so nice for me to talk to another mom too. Especially one in such a similar situation as Mike and I. Jay and I both really enjoyed ourselves.


I finally caught the patty cake bit on video, so here it is...



It snowed here again for the second time since we've lived in Germany. Surprising, isn't it? I thought it would snow a ton in Germany, but it doesn't where we live. In fact when it did snow it hardly stuck. Jay and I put our snow gear on anyway and went outside to check out the white stuff. Unfortunately Jay refuses to wear gloves and so his little hands were frozen after about 10 minutes. It was actually the first time I can remember when Jay wanted to go inside! He sure loves playing outside.

I also have to document Jay's fervent love for the Swiffer. I don't know why but any time he sees it he grabs it and hands it to me to hold. I'm not really sure what he wants me to do with it but if I try to set it down he gets really upset and tries to hand it to me again. Sometimes I even have to hide the Swiffer so that I don't have to be holding it all day long. Hopefully this love will last and eventually he will want to be the one holding and using the Swiffer. I hate sweeping and mopping so if I play my cards right I might be able to pawn the chore off onto my unsuspecting little boy.

6 comments:

Melodie said...

Anna, I love your blog! We had such a fun time playing today. Thank you for inviting us, and we will have to do it again soon. Oh, and I just learned about another similarity between our cute boys -- Liam loves our swiffer duster, and carries it around dusting various surfaces in the house. Score for Mom!

jessicalangprice said...

That's a great idea. Little Kelsey will never see the floor chore coming. I hope it works. He's such a cute little guy - patty cake and swifers. I can't believe he asked to come in! If it's anything like it is here, it's FREEZING!!

Summer said...

Playdates are needed just as much for mommy as baby, don't you think? The swiffer thing is so funny - don't you wish you could get inside their heads?

Mark said...

Jay is so cute! I love all the pics in his cool duds. You sure dress him well. :)

Yep, we'll be at the 10-yr Timpview Reunion this summer. I hope Mikey will take a break from saving the world because we'd love to see you guys!

Emily and Mike said...

Hey Mike,
It was great to hear from you. I am sorry that you guys won't be able to make it to the reunion, but I guess being halfway around the world is an acceptable excuse! You guys definitely look like you have your hands full, but it looks like a lot of fun! Good luck in all, and please keep checking in every now and then, we would love to hear from you!

Mike and Emily

Travis said...

Work it Anna! Mya offered to clean toilets for her first chore adn the sweet momma I am I let it fly.. she is a trooper to this day and at least she was the one picking.. ha ha! What funny things our children enjoy. The boys are adorable together!