Sunday, April 06, 2008

11 Countries in 18 Months

Jay actually turned 18 months two weeks ago but I wanted to wait to do his 18 month post until I had all of his statistics. Today we went to the doctor and found out that he is now 2 feet 7.5 inches tall and weighs 24.25 pounds. His head is 18.8 inches round. What a big boy! He didn't enjoy getting his shots but he was okay after a few minutes. Happily the doctor said he is healthy and progressing perfectly. Yeah Jay!
As always, Jay brings unmeasurable joy to our lives every day. What a blessing it is to be parents. We love our little man so very, very, very much. It is hard to imagine the love that our Heavenly Father has for us but now that we are parents we can start to begin to maybe fathom a tiny bit of what he feels for us. Our hearts belong to our baby Jay and they always will.
LOVE this photo of Jay taken by my friend Jessie Price.

Mike and I recently counted up the number of countries Jay has been to in his short life and the number currently stands at 11 (soon to be 13 when we head up to Belgium and Holland at the end of the month). Here they are in order...

1. United States of America - home sweet home and the Country we love most above all others.



2. Spain - Our second home, our second language, our second love.


3. Gibraltar - Gotta love the incredible views and of course, the monkeys.


4. Italy - LOVE the history, the people, the gelato.


5. Greece - Oh, beautiful Greece, how Jay loved the water there.


6. Croatia - The beauty, the beaches, the Kuna!


7. Switzerland - Breathtaking views and great friends.


8. Germany - Our third home, wonderful people and a plethora of neat places to visit.


9. Luxembourg - Pristine cities, incredible pastries.


10. Austria - The Alps!


11. France - Paris is a must see city for any toddler ;)


We know Jay likely won't remember any of his early travels but he sure has been a trooper as mom and dad have dragged him from place to place. We love our little boy and hope he always has a desire to explore his world as we do.

8 comments:

Nonna said...

Wow 18 months! Could it be our little bug is already a toddler and on his way to the terrific two's?? and what a diverse traveler you are Jay! I am guessing you will be at least 3 feet tall by 2 years and that means you will be as tall as your daddy some day and a great ball player as well! Papa and nona love you s0 very much little bug. See you in a few weeks..remember to find a special rock for me! luvs nona

Nicki said...

This is awwwwe-mazing! Jay will be such a well-traveled little man! I'm so glad that you've been so great at documenting it all so that he'll remember his great adventures!

Jennifer (Fern) said...

woah, 18 months and already a world traveler! That's one lucky kid!

Angie said...

Wow, he's going to have some incredible pictures to look back on! Great job!

Tayla said...

Wow ... you guys have had some amazing adventures! Jay might not remember them all, but he will have the pictures as proof. And you will have all the memories to share with him! How cool! And I can't believe Jay is already 18 months old. Time flies, doesn't it? Oh, and when you come to Utah I would love, love, love to get together. That would be awesome!

leslie said...

LOVE this post!! what a great way to start life little jay boy... you are one lucky guy to have such fabulous parents!!

Julie said...

He is such a cute kid! That is a lot of places, way more than I have been!

jessicalangprice said...

Wow is right nona...he has been a trooper! What I love is that we've seen you guys in several of those countries and can't wait to make it more! I can't believe how much he's grown and the cute, inquisitive, loving personality he has developed. I love that little boy too!