Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Hanging With a Toddler

As Jay and I took a walk to the farm the other day I started singing "Stick Shifts and Safety Belts" by Cake. As I sang these new lyrics slowly formed in my mind (by the way, one of Jay's nick-names is "Roo")...


Fish sticks and sippy cups
Throwing rocks and feeding the ducks

Jumping in a puddle or two

Getting dirty with my Roo


Hugs and kisses all day long

Singing the eieio song

Clapping hands and stomping feet

Hanging with a toddler can't be beat


Swinging in the park on mommy's lap

Rolling balls and taking a nap

Sipping soda through a straw

Mooing with cows and shaking a paw


Hugs and kisses all day long

Singing the eieio song

Clapping hands and stomping feet

Hanging with a toddler can't be beat


Walking up and down the street

Takes an hour to go 10 feet

Pointing at birds flying by

Petting kitty cats saying bye bye


Hugs and kisses all day long

Singing the eieio song

Clapping hands and stomping feet
Hanging with a toddler can't be beat

No comments: