My favorite is Jay's condition after he's done eating his yogurt...
By the way, Jay and I have been listening to a new CD lately that Mama Jill gave us for Christmas. It's so great that I thought I'd share the information with you. It's called Stories of Jesus and was written and produced by Jill and Lynn's good friends Roger and Melanie Hoffman. It's such a sweet CD. All the songs are sung by children and they are beautiful.
I especially enjoy the Sheep Song when the little girl says, "Silly." SOOO cute! Anyway, if you're looking for a great children's CD this one is wonderful. As I listened to Elder Russell M. Nelson's talk from General Conference I was reminded of my great duty as a parent to teach my child the gospel. I especially love the scripture he spoke of from Deuteronomy 6:7 saying, "Thou shalt teach diligently thy children and shall talk of God's words when though sittest in thine house, and when though walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up." These are words I needed to hear because I too often I assume that Jay is so little that he still doesn't understand gospel concepts but hello he is at the perfect age to hear about the gospel. He's inquisitive, receptive and just came straight from God. Could there be a better candidate? So anyway, listening to this CD with him is just one way for he and I both to be reminded of the Savior throughout our day and to introduce Jay to important gospel concepts.Okay side note... as I was writing about the sheep song it started playing and Jay ran into me carrying his Little People sheep and then he said, "baaaaa." What a silly boy :) Yesterday I was making the little sheep dance while the song was on so I guess he remembered. What was I saying about little kids being receptive? yeah...

2 comments:
That scooping can be tough! I'll have to listen to that CD when we see you next. It sounds great. We miss you guys and little Jay. We hope you have fun with the Connelly gang! Oh, and I love that pic with Jay smiling so big!
That video of Jay eating yogurt was so classic. I loved it. He is just too cute!
Post a Comment