Thursday, June 19, 2008

Jay and I have been alone for a few days while Mike's been away for work. We've been trying to stay out of the heat as much as possible. Andalucian summers are not my favorite part of living in Spain! Tomorrow we're heading back down to the beach where the ocean breeze makes the temperature a little cooler. We can't wait to play! Here's a video I took of Jay playing with his shapes toy and saying yellow and purple. It's so fun to see him trying to talk more and more.

5 comments:

Tayla said...

Wow! He is so smart! I can't believe he is already getting some of his colors right. And, those shape sorter things are sometimes hard to figure out. What a smart, darling, little boy you have!

Summer said...

I love this kid - when are we going to meet him?!? Hopefully before he starts Kindergarten. By the way I think he's surpassed Alex, at least in the color knowledge department. Poor Alex, she suffers from second-child syndrome (or at least her parents do). Noah totally knew all this stuff by her age! Of course, she was speaking in sentences before Noah so maybe it all evens out and doesn't matter? Hope you guys are surviving the heat - the beach sounds like a good idea : )

Bonni said...

Jay is really growing up! What a cutie! It looks like Mike travels a lot for work- I admire you for holding down the fort the way you do. And, your beach idea sounds fun.... We'll have to head out to ours ASAP-- these hot, air-conditionless Bay Area days are really getting to me!

Nonna said...

Jay, you are the smartest grandson ever! I like the way you sort the shapes and you know the colors too...WOW! I am so very proud of you little boy. Your mommy is such a wonderful mommy, so much fun to play and learn with..pay attention and you will learn so much from her and daddy too! Grandma needs you to draw some more pictures for her too, so get mommy to give you a crayon and maybe you can draw me a picture of the beach or of your favorite friend Johnny. I sure love you little one! miss you heeps, nona :)

Melissa and Reed said...

Jay is such a cutie and you are such a good mom to continually teach him! Wow he's already working on his colors?? That's impressive!

Also thanks for the tip on putting the word verification on our blog. I still feel like I'm new at all this, so thanks! It was fun to hear your voice for a few minutes the other day. We need to talk again soon! Miss you!