
Last Friday night Mike and I attended the "Copa" here on Base. Once a year all the Spanish and American head honchos from the Base get together to celebrate their good relationship. Since there are only a few OSI agents here we get to go too! The Americans put on the party and they always have a theme to go along. Last year it was Hawaiian and this year it was a Western/Cowboy theme.
It was fun to see all of our Guardia Civil friends and their wives (Mike's counterpart here in Spain). I especially enjoyed being able to communicate better with everyone this year. During the party the Base Commander's wife asked if I would participate in a little line dance show for the Spaniards. I decided what the heck? They won't know if I'm doing it right or wrong anyway :) Luckily it's pretty easy to learn line dance steps so when the four of us got up there to perform we looked decent.
The Spaniards loved it. They all wanted to learn when we were through so we taught them the Electric Slide and had a good time dancing together. Here's Jay wearing daddy's bandanna the next morning.
Maria was kind enough to watch him while we went out. The party didn't even start until his bedtime! Typical Spain :)In other Jay news... As I stated in the last post Jay is really excited about learning new words and imitating animal sounds. Last Sunday at church he decided it was time to show off his new talent to our ward. During sacrament meeting a baby blessing took place. The little baby girl was beautiful and she had a ton of hair. We were sitting in the second row from the front so Jay had a pretty good view of her. I have to mention that our ward has only a few young kids (Jay's the only toddler) and so Sacrament is typically a very quiet place. Well when the blessing began in the midst of this reverent group of people Jay started shouting, "Baby! Baby!" Then suddenly he started saying, "Meow! Baby, meow! Meow!" Mike and I could hardly keep from laughing out loud. He doesn't usually associate babies with kitty sounds but this little girl had so much hair that she must have reminded Jay of a kitty. Luckily when I started whispering to him about the blessing and how it was a quiet time he started whispering too, "baby, baby. meow." A little while later when the sacrament was being passed Jay heard a man sneeze and started barking, "Whoo, whoo, whoo, whoo!" (that's his doggy sound). Who knew there were so many animals in sacrament meeting? I love this stage!So who else is really excited about American Gladiators being back on TV? We've been watching it Friday nights and it brings back so many memories! Here's a picture of Mike and Jay watching together on the couch.
I love how Jay's ankles are crossed. He absolutely adores his daddy. One last fun thing I have to mention (for record-keeping sake) is that Jay now sings "I am a Child of God" with us. Well he sort of babbles until we get to the last word in each phrase (God, Here, Home, Dear, Way, Day) then sings along. Kids are amazing! Here's a video of Jay saying his favorite word, "shoe?" Enjoy!
2 comments:
I love how much he's talking!
It is so cute. And the crossed ankles in that picture with Mike is adorable. So grown-up!!
I loved the video of Jay. He is so big and so cute! I love this age. They aren't so sassy yet! :)
Post a Comment