Saturday, June 28, 2008

What we've been up to lately...

It is SOOOO hot here right now! It's been around 105° every day the past week. Unfortunately this means less outside time for our little Roo. Luckily he loves being in the basement, which is nice and cool, so we spend a lot of time down there. We also go for walks along the paseo in the morning and often stop to say hello to the ducks on our way home. Jay has also been watching the movie Madagascar a TON. He's obsessed with it! He pretty much only gets to watch it in the car now but since we make frequent trips to the beach now I'd say he's seen it about 40 times. He has this book about animals that he loves to read and when we get to the safari animals he can point out his favorite Madagascar characters. We say, "Where's Marty?" and he points to the zebra. "Where's Melman?" and he points to the giraffe. I'm not exactly sure this is a good thing... but at least he's learning, right? He's learning new words and phrases every day too. Now he can say love you, all done, more, knee, doggy... and a few more I can't think of. We're still hoping he'll start to pick up a few Spanish words too. When he's with Johnny he does pretty well. We heard him say vamanos and ven a few times. We were supposed to go see John and Maria in Chipiona again this weekend but Johnny has chickenpox! Poor little guy. We decided to stick around home since Jay hasn't gotten his vaccination yet. The American pool on base is under constructions (it was supposed to be done a month ago - but you know how it is). The Spanish kindly agreed to let the Americans use their pool so we went there today. It's a beautiful pool and we had a great time swimming. Jay really enjoyed it. The cool water felt wonderful! For dinner we picked up some kabobs but Jay threw a fit and refused to eat anything except for ketchup. What can you do? Well that's all for us... I better get back to watching Dumb and Dumber with Mike. He's cracking up about every 30 seconds... Here's a few favorite quotes to enjoy:
  • Lloyd: That's a lovely accent you have. New Jersey?
    Bus lady: Austria.
    Lloyd: Austria! Well, then. G'day mate! Let's put another shrimp on the barbie!
  • Lloyd: Why you going to the airport, flying somewhere?
    Mary: How'd you guess?
    Lloyd: I saw your luggage, then when I noticed the airline ticket I put 2 and 2 together.
  • Harry: How was your day?
    Lloyd: Not bad. Fell of the jetway again.
  • Lloyd: I can't believe we drove around all day, and there's not a single job in this town. There is nothing, nada, zip!
    Harry: Ya, unless you want to work 40 hours a week.
  • Lloyd: His head fell off?
    Harry: Yeah, he was pretty old.
  • Lloyd: We got no food, no jobs, our pets HEADS ARE FALLING OFF!
  • Lloyd: Hey, I guess they're right. Senior citizens, although slow and dangerous behind the wheel, can still serve a purpose. I'll be right back. Don't you go dying on me!
  • Harry: Petey? You sold my dead bird to a blind kid? Lloyd! Petey didn't even have a head!
    Lloyd: Harry, I took care of it.
  • Lloyd:Tic tac Sir?
  • Harry: But he blamed me. You heard him. Those were his last words.
    Lloyd: Not if you count the gurgling sound.
  • Lloyd: Hey guys. Oh, big gulps huh? All right! Well, see ya later.
  • Harry: I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this.
    Lloyd: I was thinking the same thing. That John Denver's full of crap, man.
  • Lloyd: What's the matter, Har? Some little filly break your heart?
    Harry: No, it was a girl.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I watched Dumb and Dumber again recently with Steve Namanny.

We laughed hysterically. I forgot how funny that movie is.

Mueller Family said...

"We landed on the moon!" That movie is the best. i can't believe how hot it is there, it's not even a hundred here and i still hide in the basement. What days are you going to be here in August? Brian Regan will be here on the 15th and I think I will have two extra tickets.

Jessica said...

Now I know why Dave and Mike are such good friends. :) Dumb and Dumber is one of his Fav's. I can't get over how cute Jay is. Me and Dave keep saying that we wish he and Bud could play together. what mischief they could find. When Sydney was little, she found a box of cookies that our friends sent us from New Zealand and she ate the whole box while we were in the other room. Now we make sure the "good" food is out of reach :)