
The region of Galicia continues to impress me. On my birthday Mike took us out to this awesome seafood restaurant called Timón Playa where we had pulpa (octopus) and arroz con gambas y percebes (Spanish rice with shrimp and... percebes).

The word for percebes in English is something like goose barnacles which sounds strange but they're actually wonderful. They are a delicacy here in Galicia. Fisherman collect them off the costa da morte or Coast of Death so they're not easy to come by. The food was seriously incredible. If you don't think you like seafood you would fall in love it here in Northern Spain. All I ask is that if you're ever in Spain you
have to try it, no matter your opinion. Pulpa is a very typical dish here in Northern Spain. Virtually every restaurant serves it and it's very good. The rice dish was my favorite though.

I can't explain the flavors but it was outstanding. Jay loved it too. He chowed down two platefuls! mmm... Spanish rice. The restaurant sat overlooking the sea and it was beautiful.

They even gave me a free slice chocolate-raspberry cake for dessert, complete with a candle on top. I felt very special. After eating we checked out the beach. I was amazed by the topless-ness of the people there. For some reason we rarely ever see anyone in Andalucia going topless on the beach but up here everyone's game. Anyway, Jay went straight for the water. Mike was still wearing his work clothes so Jay dragged mommy in with him. The water was pretty cold but Jay didn't care. He LOVES the ocean now. After lunch Mike sent me off to the spa. It was so relaxing. My favorite was the Turkish sauna. It was a perfect day thanks to my sweet husband!

Here's Jay giving the "kitty" in the garden a pet.
3 comments:
How beautiful!! It's so neat that you guys have been so many places! Next month Matt is going to Ireland for business, and I think I'm going too! Have you been there? If so, are there any neat places near Dublin we should visit? Anyway, looks like you had a great day! Happy Birthday!
Happy birthday! It looks like so much fun, and yummy food.
What a wonderful 25th dej! Sounds like you relaxed in one of the most beautiful places on earth. What a wonderful husband to give you time to really relax at the spa. Can't beat that! When ever I see kids playing with bubbles or spy a bottle on the store shelf, I always think of that fantastic science experiment with the gigantic bubbles...thanks for the memories! ma
Post a Comment