Friday, October 10, 2008

Finishing up in Utah

The final part of our trip to the States ended in Utah. We had such a wonderful time with the Connelly's. Seriously, How did I get so blessed? I have the best in-laws ever. I am so grateful for their hospitality, their kindness and their love. I love them all so much.

First off, here are some pictures of Jay playing at the park near the cabin. He loved the duckies! Isn't it beautiful?

Mamah (Jay's word for Grandma) and Jay had so much fun playing with bubbles. Mamah would blow them and then they would pop them and say, "Pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop!" Jay thought it was so funny!
Here's Jay helping Mamah shuck corn. He loved helping.
Mmmm... Corn!

While we were in Utah we got to visit with my cousins Jeff and Sarah and their adorable kids James and Mei. I can't believe how big they are now. James is such a mature little man and Mei is so beautiful and full of life. James showed us some of his cool Martial Arts tricks. He has been taking classes for a long time now and he's very good. We had such a nice time visiting with them. Their new dream home is incredible. We loved touring it and hope that someday we can live in a place half as cool! We can't wait until our next visit when we can have our game night. We love you guys and miss you!

Every day when Gampa came home he'd bring Jay a treat from his Office. Of course Jay looked forward to these homecomings :) Gampa Lynn's the best! These two also had many fun times watching cool animal shows and movies. Jay is definitely in his animal obsession right now.

We went to visit Uncle Rob's new house one night and Jay had such a good time playing with his Uncle Woggie (his word for Robbie - a mix between Wobbie and Froggie). Jay's favorite part was playing outside and saying bye bye to all the cars that drove by. It was sure nice to have a man around to rough house with Jay while daddy was gone. Frequently when Rob would leave us Jay would ask after him. Rob definitely knows his way into a toddlers heart!

Jill, Jay and I went up to the cabin on one of our last days in Utah. Here's a picture of the cabin from the front. It is such a beautiful place to hang out.
We keep trying to figure out why Jay now constantly asks for ice cream.
Any ideas?
Jay thought this totum pole was pretty amazing!
Jill put this little fake bird and a nest in a whole in the log and Jay loved looking for it and playing with it. We spent quite a while throwing it off the balcany and then back up to Jay.
I love you so much mamah and I can't wait to see you again soon!

2 comments:

Tayla said...

Sounds like a nice trip. What a beautiful cabin. I love the pictures of Jay eating his corn and his face in the ice cream. He is so cute! You have a darling little boy!

Bonni said...

So glad you had a blast with your family! Jay is DARLING! My favorite was the picture with his face buried in the icecream box. I should makes Samuel's dreams come true and let him indulge some time, too.

We'll be in Utah for a couple of days at Thanksgiving, too-- do you think it's possible to meet up at some point? That would be grand!