Friday, October 03, 2008

Just a few things

There are certain things about your kids that just make you laugh. I have to post a few that I've noticed Jay doing lately:

We try to read a story from Book of Mormon Stories before bedtime every night and usually Jay isn't too into it. Lately though he has taken a keen interest in the pictures. Every time we open the book he starts pointing to all the pictures of people with shirts off and says, "Owie! Owie! Owie!" He tends to freak if his own shirt is off so perhaps this corolates?
Jay loves eating yogurt in the morning. Of course he has to eat it all by himself and he's old enough now that he's actually good at it. Lately though he has become very particular about how you give him the yogurt. You can't just stick the spoon in the yogurt and plop it down on the highchair tray. Being that daddy has been away at his class for the past 6 weeks he didn't know about Jay's new peculiarity. Yesterday morning daddy gave Jay his yogurt with the spoon in and immediately Jay started screaming in protest. I quickly grabbed the spoon, cleaned it off and explained that Jay prefers that the spoon is set next to the yogurt rather than inside of it. If that spoon even comes near to touching the yogurt without his permission it's all over. Ahhh, the things you know as a mother...

This morning Jay and I were taking our usual walk, he with his mini shopping cart and me with the stroller. We crossed a street and I tried to get up on the side walk with him but he pushed me away, forcing me to walk on the street instead. I thought this was strange until I figured out what he was up to. Whenever a parked car would come between us Jay would say, "Wheeere's Jay?" Then he would knock on the car's door and say, "Hewow?" Then he would peak around the corner of the car and say, "Peet da doo!" This happened with every car on the street and it made me laugh out loud. It's so fun to see him growing, changing and playing in new ways every day.

5 comments:

Angie said...

Those are the cutest stories ever! He has such a personality!

Also, in answer to your question, we will be in Chicago until May or June of 2009. Why, interested in coming out?? Because we would love that!

leslie said...

love how particular he is with his yogurt!! what a funny guy....

Mary Kelly said...

I'm glad Morgen isn't the only kid with quirks regarding yogurt! Jay sounds like he is just so much fun. I truly hope that we get to meet him one day and catch up with you and Mike.

Anonymous said...

How cute is Jay!!! I can't believe how big he is getting!

Tayla said...

What a cutie! I love the things kids come up with. It is funny how much a mom knows. I used to have to prep anyone who was going to be taking care of Max. When he was about Jay's age he wanted me to toss his bib to him. If I didn't he would scream. He eventually grew out of it! :) Oh, I'm so glad your husband is home, too. That must be a relief!