Thursday, October 16, 2008

You know your child grew up in Spain when... (an American perspective)

1. All his friends have 3 a.m. bedtimes and a "morning" playdate starts at 1 p.m.

2. He learns to avoid dog poop while walking down the street.

3. He prefers cured ham and fine cheese to chicken nuggets.

4. His nickname is "rubio" (blondie).

5. Your the only ones out taking a walk at 3 p.m. and the only ones not taking a walk at 1 a.m.

6. He teethes on the ends of freshly baked bread.

7. He can go to the park and feed peacocks but playing on the playground may require a tetanus shot.

8. His best friend's brash advice is, "Hombre! Quita el chupe!"

9. He resents driving to the store instead of walking.

10. He's been to more countries than you've been to States in the Union.

11. He often feels left out because he doesn't have a "couch" to stroll down the street in.

12. He's the only one not wearing a heavy winter coat in sunny 65° weather.

13. He expects to see tractors and horse drawn carriages driving down the road (and occasionally on freeways).

14. He knows his way from his house to the center of town without any direction.

15. All his friends dress like girls - even the boys.

3 comments:

Jeff and Aubree Gittins said...

Hilarious post, Anna!!! That's probably the hardest I have laughed this week. Those who have not been to Spain may not fully appreciate all of these, but I loved them.

Mary Kelly said...

I love this post. How fun that Jay is growing up with so many experiences!

Anonymous said...

I love this post as well Anna, it made me laugh but I can understand how true it really is. Let me know when you figure out your plans for Utah, we can't wait to see you guys