Sunday, December 07, 2008

Vegas!

I am slowly going to be posting about our trip to Utah. Since these posts aren't in the right chronological order, I'll be leaving them as is for a week then changing the post date so that they'll fall into the right place on our blog. I know no one really cares, but I felt I needed to clarify :)

Our trip to Vegas took place December 7-9. We left Jay with grandma and grandpa and went down to have a little vacation of our own. We drove down with Cody and Alycia which was a blast. Cody is one of Mike's best friends and we are so happy he found such a cool girl to marry. They are so much fun to hang out with. On our trip down we played "what if" and I found out that the number one quality Mike looks for in a mate is the ability to roll with the punches. Well, I am trying ;) We also learned if we were to rename Mike or Cody, Pedro would be a good choice for either of them. Once we arrived in Vegas we met up with Jimmy, Jeremy, Bryce, Brant and Jordann at the Trump Tower, where we stayed.
The Trump was amazing! They upgraded one of our rooms to a suite because they ran out of regular rooms then Mike convinced them to upgrade our second room to a suite too (he's such a negotiator :) We loved staying at the Trump. There's no smoking or gambling in the hotel so it was a nice place to go back to at the end of the day.
We went do Old Vegas our first night in the city with the whole gang and we played roulette for about 2 1/2 hours. Mike and I only played with $20 (which we ended up loosing in the end). It was so fun just to sit around and play with all of our friends. Mike and I have realized that even if we were tempted to really be gamblers we now know that we're not lucky, so it's definitely not worth it. After playing we had a 4:30 am snack and went back to our hotel. Mike and I have not stayed up that late in years! It was amazing to be able to sleep in as long as we wanted the next morning. The Vegas weekend was definitely the longest amount of time I've been away from Jay. I missed him but it was so nice to have a break!
On Saturday we bought half-price show tickets to Ka, a Cirque de Sole show. We went out for a Brazilian lunch then toured the various hotels on the strip. I especially liked the Bellagio. It was so beautiful and so nicely decorated for Christmas. We even watched the famous Bellagio fountain dance. I loved it! One highlight of the trip was that Mike and I saved an old woman's life. We were about to get on an up escalator on the strip when the old woman in front of us, who had just gotten on, started falling backwards. I was standing right behind her and Mike to the side. Together we sort of caught her and slowly balanced her back upright. She was easily in her 80s and had we not been there she definitely would have broken something, if not died. She would have fallen straight back onto those sharp steps, then carried up until she was at the top at which point her hair probably would have gotten caught in the stairs. So we felt pretty good about helping. After the life-saving incedent we went to the Cirque de Sole show. It was amazing! I've never seen anything like it. I definitely reccomend Ka. It was a martial arts type of show and actually had a story line. All in all we had a great trip and we're excited about our new travel buddies.
Brant claims that he can guess where a man's nipples are with 60% accuracy.

3 comments:

jessicalangprice said...

That sounds like a BLAST! That makes me want to go to Vegas - with you guys of course. Or Hawaii? I got to thinking last night at 4am...what if I go back the states and have the baby in Hawaii? We'll just camp out there for a month or two before b-school (providing we get in this year). Jay and Kels could play and the boys could go out on crazy adventures...wouldn't that be the life? I'll quit daydreaming. I shouldn't have gotten pregnant when I did - it TOTALLY ruined our plans! Haha.. I tried calling you at your parents again but didn't get through. It's the number you gave me, don't know what's up. I'll try again. Until then!

María Pérez Sánchez said...

Anna, que divertido Las vegas, verdad?cuando yo fui fue genial....(aunque mi hotel era feo ...no tuve una suite....voy a llorar!!!!!lol yo quiero ir algun día contigo y con Mike...y Mike tiene que conseguir una suite para mi...lol...ok?lo que no consiga él...verdad?
me encanta que estés disfrutando mucho de tu tiempo en usa...has estado mucho tiempo sola aqui en españa...(bueno conmigo....pero tu me entiendes...)y me encanta ver tu sonrisa en todas las fotos, es genial verdad estar en casa....pero no te olvides de españa, eh?
diviertete mucho guapa!
kisses from Spain

Campbell said...

Oh we had so much fun in Vegas we need to do it again or something different.