This last week I had my first flight in a Chinook Helicopter. I'de be lying if I said it wasn't sweet.
We had some work to do out in the jungles of Honduras and a helicopter from the base was headed out to where we needed to go so we hitched a ride.

As you can see in the picture the helicopter looked circa Vietnam era and we all loaded in just to get out because of some mechanical malfunction which made me somewhat nervous. After about a half an hour the pilot came out and said, "everyone load up we're good to go." So we all loaded up and were on our way.

On the way out I was talking to one of the guys on the air crew and he said for about the first half hour of the flight we would be traveling over a somewhat populated area. He said for the last hour and a half we would be traveling over pure jungle and the pilots would probably go alot faster because if the helicopter went down in the jungle it was so thick no one could find them. Comforting, huh? Luckily we made it with no problem.
We did our work and headed back. The coolest part of all was the crew let us put on harnesses and clip in while we sat on the back of the helicopter with the back open so our feet literally hung over the edge of the helicopter. The scenery was absolutely beautiful and we got to see places you can only see by air.


4 comments:
I love your second post! I wasn't expecting it, so it was a nice surprise :) You better watch you though, I might make you start writing the whole blog. I really am jealous of your experience, but please don't get lost in the jungles of Honduras.
Mike tú estás locooooooooooooo!!!!!Qué haces con esa ventana abierta deL AVIÓN? QUE TE PODRÍAS HABER CAÍDO? Me he puesto nerviosa solamente al verte en la foto! qué miedo!!!La verdad que tus post son más interesantes que las de Anna eh?...no te enfades guapa!! es broma! Tú sabes que a mi me encantan tus historias Anna!!! Las mías sí que son aburridas....(Alba COme, Alba va al médico...)Mi vida es un poco boring comparada con las vuestras...!!! Mike por favor ten cuidado en Honduras!que tienes que cuidar tu jardín botánico en Utrera pronto!!!kisses from Spain! POr cierto Mike el pájaro ya voló, undertand me?
Son, I just re-read your blog this morning. AHHHH! Please be safe!!! I know you LOVE adventure, but this is going above and beyond. Yesterday in church we were "commanded" not to fear. So I'm practicing with you. I'm proud of you. I love you. I pray for you several times a day. Look out for angels!
Mom*
And I thought having a baby was an adventure? Seriously you are insane but I LOVED your post it made me miss you guys so much I almost started crying. Well, that could be the hormones too. . . but talk about an amazing experience. I can't imagine what you guys were up to needing to go out to the middle of nowhere in the jungle but I am sure you are working hard. Sometimes your pictures remind me of the TV show MASH, haha, MASH meets Peter Pan, that certainly makes you one of the most interesting people I know. Hope you and Anna are have a Great time (wink, wink, nudge, nudge) when she visits you in Honduras (I can't remember exactly when that is)
Post a Comment