We had the opportunity to go to two awesome Hawaiian parties recently. One was a ward party. I have never laughed so hard at a church party in my life! The Hawaiians really know how to have a great time. We had a pot-luck, complete with 40 McDonald's hamburgers (someone must work there) and some more traditional Hawaiian food as well. While we ate, Jay played. He had so much fun at this party playing with the kids, throwing balloons, dancing and just being a little boy. It was great to watch him. After dinner they put on a game show night. The host was hilarious and the games were a riot. One was a newlywed type game and one contestant laughed so hard at everything that was said, that the rest of us were laughing uncontrollably right along with her. Jay thought it was all great, until Nona and I went up on stage to participate in Family Feud. He didn't like that too much. We had a great time though and hope to bring some of the spirit of Aloha back into our own ward families. We went to another party for our old neighbor's little girl. She turned one, and over in Hawaii a one-year old birthday is a huge cause for celebration. The party was held at a huge reception hall and about 200 people showed up. They had a bouncy castle, cotton candy (turns out Jay's not a big fan)popcorn, hot dogs, a clown making animal balloons and a magician. And that was just for the kids. For the adults they had a full Hawaiian luau dinner, music, dancing, and even a place to have a professional photo taken of your family. It was pretty impressive. Jay especially loved the bouncy castle. It was his first time in one and luckily there weren't too many other kids in there with him. He also loved his little yellow kitty. Here he is giving her some kisses. And here's the birthday girl herself with her daddy Chad. She was a cutie! We're so glad we were invited to celebrate. It was a blast!
Wow! We really botched Meg's first birthday party in Hawaiian terms! :) That is amazing. How fun to be able to spend so much time in such a beautiful place. It would definitely be hard coming home! :)
My bishop in my singles BYU ward was Hawaiian and we would always start sacrament with ALOHA. Everything was carried out with the Aloha spirit and after reading this post, I TOTALLY miss it! Oh, and that is quite the celebration for a one year old! Glad I didn't have to plan that! I bet the food was so yummy! Also, I love Jay's Rad as Dad shirt! How cool is that. And Jay's hair do...I just want to bombard him with my camera!
2 comments:
Wow! We really botched Meg's first birthday party in Hawaiian terms! :) That is amazing. How fun to be able to spend so much time in such a beautiful place. It would definitely be hard coming home! :)
My bishop in my singles BYU ward was Hawaiian and we would always start sacrament with ALOHA. Everything was carried out with the Aloha spirit and after reading this post, I TOTALLY miss it! Oh, and that is quite the celebration for a one year old! Glad I didn't have to plan that! I bet the food was so yummy! Also, I love Jay's Rad as Dad shirt! How cool is that. And Jay's hair do...I just want to bombard him with my camera!
Post a Comment