Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Time

We had a wonderful Easter. We celebrated some of the fun secular Easter traditions on Saturday (after our hike) and had some beautiful experiences focusing on the Savior throughout the week, but especially on Sunday. Jay finally is understanding the idea of an Easter Bunny. He was very excited about all his candy and toys. The Easter Bunnies (plural) brought Jay all sorts of wonderful things. One bunny hid candy eggs throughout the house. The adults weren't too into hunting them, but Jay went crazy until we finally were forced into a hunt just to keep Jay from sugar overload! I guess it's one way to get the whole family into an Egg hunt.
We loved seeing the Connelly side of the family on Holy Saturday.
We had a yummy lunch of barbecued hot dogs (roasted on a fire pit), potato salad, baked beans, and all the the fixings. We had an Easter Egg hunt with the Connellys and just enjoyed each others company.
I think this is the first year Jay really understood the concept of the Easter Egg Hunt. He was quite good too if I do say so myself. When we showed him what to do he ran around like crazy, finding every egg in the house.

We had to slow him down so the other hunters could have a chance.



Jay not only enjoyed hunting the eggs, but he also had fun coloring them too. Of course, his hands were dyed green for about a week, but what can you do?

One of Jay's favorite things at the party were the beautifully decorated fluffy pink cupcakes (thank you very much). He mostly enjoyed the pink frosting, with a few bite of cake snuck in when he couldn't help it.


Here we all are!

On Easter Sunday I went with the Connellys to Stake Conference. There were some beautiful talks that turned our hearts toward the Savior and uplifted us on such a Holy Day. After church we got ready for the big Easter meal with the Taylor side of the family. We had ham, celebration potatoes, salad and deviled eggs of course. It was very yummy. After dinner we had a small devotional reading and discussing various scriptures leading up to and about the first Easter Sunday. What a blessed day it was! The funny thing is I have probably spent the past 5 out of 7 Easters with the Connellys, and I think Mike has only been with me for 1 of them. hmmm... something's not quite right about that!
I love my sweet Easter boy!

Jay and Grandma :)

The beautiful Sara and Alli Talylor.


Also beautiful, Megan and Alisa.

Okay, this family just has beautiful women in it. Here are a few more... Grandma Great Taylor, Kerri, Sara and introducing Alisa's handsome new boy, Dax.

Here is Jay with his sweetest, loveliest cousin (and new best friend) Kami. Jay would not leave her alone! And she was amazing with him. What a sweetheart. She will be the best big sister to little Dax. He's a lucky guy!

Me and Zinichka. I love you!

Grandma Great Taylor with baby Dax.

Torrie, Casey, Melissa and Reed. We actually had quite a few more people there too, but unfortunately I didn't get pictures of everyone. Sorry! We had such a wonderful time though.

Here are some pictures of Jay I took on Sunday. My little boy is getting so big!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter! I can't believe how old Jay looks now, he is so darn cute. I know how you feel about being away from Mike on this holiday, I think that Tyler and I are in the same boat on this holiday, it just seems to get away from us.

Campbell said...

Looks like you guys had a fun Easter and Jay loved looking for those eggs! We need to hang out again!