Our land lord was so nice. He came over to say goodbye and gave us a bottle of wine (nice thought:) and a large cheese that we could take back with us. He also gave Jay new rain boots and an umbrella. He was so excited to wear them! They have Mickey Mouse on them.
We're now officially living in base housing and trying to keep busy - there's not a lot to do on base so it's a good thing we're only here for a few days. Jay has been sleeping on the floor or the bed (his first experience out of his crib) and he's actually done great with it. I wasn't about to let him out of a crib in our Spanish house because there was no way of blocking the scary marble stairs leading downstairs. I didn't want him to wake up one night and accidentally wander off the landing - after all, his Uncle Cory was quite a sleep walker! Good thing he never tried to climb out of the crib. Unfortunately we have been a little sick here. Jay and I both have had fevers. Our sleep hasn't been perfect during the night and Jay has been pretty tired during the day. One day I found him like this on the chair.
Somehow he managed to fall asleep while climbing up onto the bed? I'm not so sure how it happened but it made me laugh. What a cutie! Well, only a few days left here then on to Dallas to visit Melissa and Reed. We're so excited to be starting our new adventure!





No comments:
Post a Comment