We went to the doctor today and had an ultrasound, but we still don't know what we're having. The machine was a little too old to show enough detail for those tiny baby parts. Oh well! I'm only 16 weeks so I knew it was kind of a long shot anyway. The good news is I already have an appointment set up in Tucson when we get there and I'll be 20 weeks by then so we should definitely know at that point! Jay keeps going back and forth on whether he thinks we're having a boy or a "gwirl" although "gwirl" seems to win out most often. The good news for me is that for probably the only time in my life a doctor actually told me to eat ice cream! I recently had a bad bout with the stomach flu and haven't gained quite as much weight as she would like me to so I've been given a free pass to eat, eat, eat! Don't worry I'm not in any kind of danger zone, my doctor just thought I should try to add on a few extra pounds while I can. I don't plan on only gouging myself on ice cream, I realize the baby does need calories from other food groups, but I love that I don't feel any guilt for indulging on Ben & Jerry's Fish Food. mmmm... Fish Food. I'm especially excited about this news for 3 reasons: 1. we're moving back to the States where we'll be visiting some of my favorite restaurants 2. it's the holiday season! I get to live it up guilt-free. 3. since we're given 2 months to look for a house in Tucson through Mike's job, they'll be footing our food bill. Oh yeah baby! I'm pretty excited :) Just NO MORE STOMACH FLU! yucky. Why is it I get super nauseous when I'm pregnant but I don't throw up, and yet I also tend to get the nasty stomach flu (throwing up for 12 hours straight then fever and chills) when I'm pregnant? It happened twice last time and once this time so far. Okay, I shouldn't say so far. This will be the ONLY time I get it this time, right?
Well, that's all I have for news right now. I'll try to add some more pictures soon. Pretty much our lives are consumed with the move and saying goodbye to España. We'll let you know how it all goes!
6 comments:
Can't wait to find out what it is, in another month. You are so lucky for the free ice cream pass...I just get to feel guilty for my ice cream consumption ;) Kelsey just bit Aiden's finger SO hard, poor little guy. We've had lots of time outs today. I can't wait for 9pm!! Isn't that terrible!?
Anna, I'm so sorry you're so sick! It's hard to feel sick and watch your little one-- I hope someone took pity and helped you. And, on top of all that, you're moving out of the country! You must be a bit overwhelmed, but I hope Mike's job takes care of most of the nasty details. We're so sad you're leaving before we get to visit, but so happy for your move and excited that you'll get to buy a home, etc. Please eat lots of Tillamook cheddar cheese for me when you arrive, okay? There are some American foods I miss.... xoxo
Mmm..ice cream. I wish i had a free pass to ben & jerry's. Good luck with your move and everything! Let us know when you find out if Jay is having a brother or a sister!
Good luck with the move! I bet Jay is so excited about being a big brother (soon). I hope you don't get sick again, and I hope you have a healthy pregnancy!
We're guessing gwil but sure sounds like another Jay is on the way by the belly activity!! Either way, I am READY for another sweet bundle of JOY to be nona to. Give Jay BIG BIG HUGS for nona:) luvs, mama
Oh are you suppose to feel guilty if you eat ice cream everyday? That explains my problem . . .Yes I currently have four different kinds in my freezer. I also think you should enjoy lots of Tillamook cheese haha. Sorry you have been sick, I plan to call today and hope you feel well enough to chat. Maybe we can sneak you into my work and ultrasound you while you are in Salt Lake . . hee hee you definitely wouldn't be the first. Heaven knows Shad should have a glow about him from all the ultrasounds I did. Can't wait to see you guys!!!!
Post a Comment