Monday, October 26, 2009

Visiting the Garzas in Texas



We had so much fun visiting Lissa and Reed in Texas. We were blessed to be able to make a week long stop over there when we flew into the States from Spain. They're living in Dallas while Reed goes to Medical school and they're loving it. Of course one of our favorite parts of the trip was seeing tiny little Brooklyn, the newest member of the Connelly clan. She is SOOOO beautiful!!!! She is Mike and my first niece and Jay's first cousin. When we visited she was only 7 weeks old and just perfect. She is such a good little baby, hardly ever cries and is already starting to sleep through the night. Lucky! Here are some pictures of she and Jay.

 




Jay sure loved giving Brookie kisses and head rubs. He loves little babies. Melissa and Reed are so good with him too and he had so much fun playing with them. One day he was curious about all the little clips and bows Melissa has in Brooklyn's closet and so Melissa decided to show him a few. I wasn't in the room, but I heard a lot of laughing going on and then emerged the new and improved Jay...

 
Beautiful!!!! The only good thing I can say is that when he finally did look at himself in the mirror he immediately said, "Mommy, take it off!!!!" Pretty funny :)

There are a lot of fun things to do in Dallas and Melissa and Reed helped show us the ropes. One day Mellisa, Reed, Jay and I went to see the Dallas Pioneer Cattle Drive. It is a huge park complete with about 50 huge bronze cattle and 3 cowboy statues. It's pretty cool! Check it out.







Another night Melissa and Reed to Jay and I to the horse races. Mike couldn't make it because he was meeting his friend Dave for a boys night out. Here were are cheering on the horses!



 The races themselves were pretty cool except that they only lasted about 20 seconds. Then you had to wait 20 minutes for the next one to start. Jay thought it was pretty cool though and we had a good time.

I'll post the rest of our trip soon, but this has been a good start. Thanks again Melis and Reed for letting us stay with you and for being such good hosts! We love you!!!

3 comments:

Mikaela said...

Wow, look at those blue eyes. Anna, I have to admit I was confused for a minute who the little girl with all the boys was, but don't worry It clicked pretty quick that the cute little kid with bows was actually a handsome little boy!!

María Pérez Sánchez said...

Que sobrina mas guapa teneis!!! es preciosa!! Jay parece que quiere mucho a su primita,no? ya mismo estara haciendo de hermano mayor!!!
besitos!!

jessicalangprice said...

So funny, when I saw that pic on your header I thought, "when did they got to NYC? Haha. I love that pic with Jay with all the bows...he's such a boy. How was it holding little Brooklyn? Could be you soon!