In our new ward I've met some wonderful ladies and we often get together for play groups. Today we met at my house to make some Valentine's day cookies with the kids. It was so fun! Jay had a blast. Here he is with his friends: Rachel, Mary Ann, Evelyn, Lydia, Grace and Sadie (yes, he's usually the only boy). It's so nice to have something for Jay to do during the day and grown-ups for me to talk to. I especially look forward to these play groups when Mike is gone for 5 weeks, like he is now. I'm trying my best to stay busy and keep my mind from not counting how many days left until he gets home and these play dates help. It's not easy for me to be home alone without him, but I'm learning from my experiences and relying on the Lord for strength. I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful little boy like Jay to hang out with. He makes things much easier on me. He's my little pal and I love being with him! He sure knows how to have fun with his friends.

5 comments:
Jay has got his pick among all those ladies!! I'm so glad that you've found some ladies to relate with. It makes such a difference. You are being so strong! We're praying for you guys daily.
Making cookies looks like so much fun! It's great that you've made such great friends. I can't imagine having Jeff gone for a whole month, especially right after you move! Hang in there!
Anna, I now need a valentine's sugar cookie before this holiday passes! No, really! Lynn and I are in Dallas as we look at your blog. Oh I miss you and Jay. Now I've been in your new place I can picture all the activities as you photo your life in Arizona. I can't wait to come back soooooon. Thanks for enduring lonely times so gracefully. You continue to amaze me. I hope there's light at the end of your tunnel soon. xoxo Jill*
Sweeeeet as Mike would say!! What great valentine's cookies Jay made..papa is missing out on those and wishes he had one of Jay's special ones. How wonderful to have special ladies to share your life with and cute little girls as friends for Jay (Johnnie will be jealous). You are a trooper, Dej, and I don't think I would be as brave and cheerful as you if Dad was gone for so long. You are truly a very special daughter and I am so grateful to have you as my inspiration:) love you lots and lots, mama
Anna, can Shad and I join to even out the numbers? I need some friend-making lessons obviously because you seem more settled than me and we have been here a year!! I am sure you need them now though and I am grateful that you have people there for you. We know how you can't just let true friends go . . .that is why you guys are still the best. Who else will shoot bottle rockets off the porch and act like we slipped a drug in their drink with us? Craziest sober people out there are probably the six of us ;op Love and miss you guys! (okay make that ten and a half counting kids!)
Post a Comment