Sunday, March 28, 2010

Living our Lives

Today is Amay's official due date! We're so glad she's already here. She's growing like crazy already (she gained 4 ounces in 3 days at the last doctor's visit). She is over her jaundice, which we are thrilled about, and she's becoming more alert every day. Here are some recent pictures of her. (can you tell she likes to stick her tongue out?)
 A smile?
 Tummy time!




Jay is loving his little sister. He still doesn't seem to be jealous of her (knock on wood) but just loves to kiss her little head and give her snuggles.
 mmm... big brother arm

Jay has had plenty of fun lately. His absolute favorite activity is jumping on the trampoline. Daddy and Nona are outside with him pretty much 24/7. He also has had fun making cookies with Nona.
He's very good at rolling out the dough and punching the cutters through. He's a pretty good decorator too!

Jay, Papa and Daddy went to the Pima Air and Space museum one day. There are some pretty cool planes there. Everyone had a good time!

Here are some shots of Jay at the playground too - he's still being entertained, even with a new baby in the house!

One of my favorite new things Jay does is sing Jesus Wants me for a Sun Beam only instead of singing sun BEAM, he sings sun BEEP. It is so funny!

I'm always amazed how well he picks up new songs though. Just from being in primary a few months he's learned many new church songs and we often hear him singing Follow the Prophet, The Wise Man, and Book of Mormon Stories. We sure love our little kiddos!

11 comments:

Mikaela said...

Wow, look at those eyes! They look pretty blue, interesting to see if they stay lighter or not. Love the sun-beep so funny. I agree you should move to Utah, and yes I would love to decorate with you, I have no problem doing fun things with other peoples money! ;op

jill connelly said...

Grandma Great and I are watching the videos over and over and looking at the photos. How we both love being grandmas--even long distance. Thanks for connecting us in such a fun way Anna. Oh how I wish I could travel by thought and be there once a day, just to peek in...unless you needed a grandma for an hour or three! xoxo

Jeff and Aubree Gittins said...

Amaya is SO beautiful! I love the newborn outfits and I just want to snuggle her! It makes me so excited to meet our new little one. That's so great that Jay's being such a good big brother. They are so sweet together in those pictures! It will be nice for her to have a big brother to help her and protect her.

jessicalangprice said...

That's so funny, Kelsey sings "Sun Beep" too! We were just laughing about that tonight. What a little love - so funny that she's fond of her tongue! XOXO

María Pérez Sánchez said...

Qué guapa está la niña...me encantan los videos!!! que guapa con su ropita de niña,verdad? Siempre acostumbrados a la ropa de chicos....Qué bonita familia tienes...enhorabuena.... Y el próximo para cuándo? :-)

Mary Kelly said...

She is just perfect. I just love all the newborn expressions. I'm glad Jay is enjoying having a sister. And isn't so helpful to have grandma and grandpa around? I loved having my parents visit when my boys were born.

Angie said...

Amaya is a DOLL. She is so darling! And I didn't realize how teeny she was until I watched the second video of her, and you put your hand on her back. She is a little peanut! And I LOVE the pictures of her and Jay. What a good big brother! Looking at all of these adorable pictures is making me excited for our new baby girl!

DMC Studios said...

Oh Anna! I'm so happy for you! She's darling! I love that picture of her and Jay where it looks likes she's smiling. She is so cute--you look so happy with her!

Unknown said...

ahhh your little family is so adorable!! i forgot how tiny they are when they are first here, especially compared to holding a 30 pound toddler every day... :) shes gorgeous! cant wait to come and visit and meet her for real. Love you guys so much

Summer said...

Oh she is beautiful! Sounds like you are all doing well, so glad to hear that. Good luck adjusting after all the family is gone : ) JK, I'm sure you wont need it, you'll be great!

We sure miss you!

Melissa and Reed said...

Brooklyn and I watched those videos and loved every minute of them. Brooklyn's at the stage that if it's not exciting she's not watching, but little Amaya she loved to watch even if she wasn't singing a song or doing a dance. Watching those videos makes you seem closer! We miss you! Is it July yet?