Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Welcome to the world Amaya Marie Connelly!


Amaya Marie Connelly was born Thursday March 18, 2010 at 10:13 pm weighing 6 pounds 9 ounces and measuring 19 1/2 inches long. She is absolutely beautiful and we are so happy to have her here!

Here we are getting ready to leave for the hospital:

Anna was induced around 1 pm on the 18th. She started feeling the contractions around 2 pm and her water was broken shortly after.
 She was given an epidural around 2:45 pm, which unfortunately never really worked. Baby became a little distressed (her heart rate dropped slightly) and so the pitocin was stopped until a better position was found and baby returned to normal. Once the pitocin was restarted Anna started feeling the contractions again, only much heavier. Although more drugs were pumped into her, she could still feel everything except her legs. Around 10:03 Amaya was ready to come and Anna was ready for her to get out! After only a few pushes she entered the world.
 The chord was wrapped around her neck twice (probably what caused the initial distress), but she came out very healthy at 10:13 pm with all 10 fingers and 10 toes. 6 pounds 9.3 ounces, 19 1/2 inches.

She's a tiny little girl and perfect in every way. Here are some pictures of her birthday (unfortunately we couldn't get the pics off of Jill's camera so there will be more coming when we get them).

We're all home from the hospital now and doing great - besides treating a little jaundice in Amaya and getting through the initial days of breastfeeding for Anna - OUCH! We have been blessed to have had Jill and Lynn here as well as Lee and Earlene.
 Nona and Papa happily can stay for an extended period of time which is wonderful for all of us. Anna is still trying to figure out how she'll take care of 2 kids once they're gone though. Jay has been great! He loves his little sister and really loves kissing her head and holding her.
He hasn't been jealous yet (although he still has lots of attention from his grandparents) and seems to be adjusting very well. It's so hard to believe how big he is! It seems like only yesterday he was little Amaya's size and now he's a big brother. We love both of our little angels more than words can express. We are so blessed!

14 comments:

Melissa and Reed said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hendry Family said...

She is beautiful. There is no better feeling than finally having them here in our arms. You are a perfect little family. I hope to meet her soon. I LOVE her name. Good job guys.

Mikaela said...

YEAH!!!! YOU HAVE BEEN KILLING ME! I was complaining to Jess today how you really needed to get on the ball and blog some photos for us impatient insensitive people! ;op She is so cute, I can't believe how alert she is! Only time Shad opened his eyes in the first two weeks was when he was choking! Welcome to the club that knows what real contractions feel like-sorry you didn't request membership but way to be a trooper-we told you that you were strong enough!! Can't wait to talk please please call when it is a good time for you!!!

Mary Kelly said...

Oh those cheeks!!! She is just perfect. I adore the picture of Mike holding her in front of the window- a perfect moment captured. I am so glad everyone is healthy and home. Congratulations- your family just keeps getting cuter and cuter :)

Emily Burnette said...

Congratulations guys :) She is completely perfect and beautiful and so tiny! I love the before photo of Jay looking at your belly and I can tell he already loves his little sister so much :) Enjoy these days...even though they are exhausting, they are so precious and go so fast! We're sending our love to your family!

Angie said...

Yay! I've been waiting to see these pictures! Amaya is SO beautiful. I love that you've captured so many of her facial expressions already... What a PRECIOUS little girl! Oh, and I love the pictures of Jay with his new baby sister. Hope you are recovering well, Anna!

Julianne said...

Oh dear me, she is BEAUTIFUL! Congratulations! And, terrific name!

I have been blog-stalking for the last week, so yay for these pictures. Congratulations, you guys! Good luck with these first few weeks, Anna and Baby Amaya!

Jeff and Aubree Gittins said...

Wow she is so beautiful guys! Congrats! The picture of both of you laying in the bed is kind of funny because Mike looks more tired than you Anna! I can see a little bit of Jay in her. I'm really glad to see more pictures of you gorgeous little bundle! Keep 'em coming!

Tayla said...

She is so beautiful! Congratulations!

María Pérez Sánchez said...

Qué niña tan preciosa!!! Y Jay es un gran hermanito mayor!!! Me encantaría cogerla en brazos....espero que pronto te duerma bien :-) Y Anna tu tienes muy buena cara!!! :-) Guapa!
Besitos desde Utrera!

jill connelly said...

Such a precious bundle from heaven. What a blessing to be able to be with you through this special time. Thank you, thank you for allowing us to be there. We are so proud of you Anna. There is nothing harder but better than this process of bringing a child into the world. We can't wait to come in a few weeks for the blessing. We miss you all.

Heather and Ben said...

She is just beautiful. Congrats you guys!!

jessicalangprice said...

Yay! I'm loving these pics! I thought she might have your coloring, Anna, but looks like another Connelly. She's so tiny with those big cheeks - I wish I could kiss on her!! How sweet, enjoy those little noises she makes. Good luck with the breastfeeding, hopefully the pain will go away sooner this time and USE A PUMP when things get bad, it saved me with Aiden. Enjoy the time with your mom & dad - I cried on the way back from the airport after dropping off my mom. I didn't know how I was going to be able to do it. Somedays I still feel that way! Miss you, and ENJOY!!

Jesica Anne said...

Dej, your family is just so dang good lookin. Your little girl is so beautiful. Good job mom and dad and both kids. I love new baby's and can't wait to have another one.