Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Love is all you need

I think they're just perfect...
I love watching these 2 interact (when Jay isn't mauling Amaya that is). The more Amaya's personality develops the more fun it is. Jay is enamored with his sister and Amaya thinks Jay is hilarious. She is always studying him - he is rather fascinating. Jay's favorite game to play with Amaya is the "blanket game." Jay stands on my bed while I hold Amaya and we take turns throwing a blanket over each other. The reason Jay likes it so much is because it usually makes Amaya belly laugh. Of course Jay tries to act as silly as possible to coerce that laugh out of Amaya - which usually ends up with him hurting himself. The other day we were playing the game and after Amaya and I threw the blanket on top of Jay's head he fell straight back (on purpose) and smacked his head against our head board (not on purpose). He ended up with a huge goose-egg on the back of his head but he was back to normal (and attempting to fall back on purpose again) within minutes.

My Jay bug...
He's so handsome! Oh how I love my boy. He cracks me up. Lately his favorite thing to do at home has been to play the caterpillar game or the cookie monster bingo game. We play one or the other about 6 or 7 times a day. Seriously. Whenever we have the missionaries over he begs them to play too. He's really good! He usually wins and not because we let him. Jay has also been very good at saying prayers recently. My favorite was the other day when he prayed for, "daddy to be good" and "Jay to be comfy in bed." He's been a little nervous about monsters lately too. One day we were walking home from school and he asked  me out of the blue, "Mommy, why didn't Heavenly Father make monsters to scare us?" Thinking I heard him wrong I said, "Why did he make monsters to scare us?" Jay corrected me, "No, no mom. Why DIDN'T he?" Hmmm... "Well, I guess he just didn't want to scare us." Another day I was getting ready to take a shower and Jay was playing in the living room or the "couch room" as he calls it. Suddenly he ran into my bathroom and said, "Mom! Mom! That boy's back on the ceiling!" What? "That boy mom! He's back." I thought to myself - maybe there's a ghost in our apartment! I ran with him back to the living room where he pointed up to the ceiling, "See mom?" I looked up to see a shadow on the ceiling that seriously (and creepily) looked like a boy's face. Apparently he had seen this before since he had told me, "He's back." I quickly pulled the shade down a little more and we haven't seen Jay's friend since. Jay's imagination is definitely taking off. He loves to play pretend. While walking to school we often fight off dinosaurs with our swords, grenades and magic wands. If we drive he likes to pretend we're under water and we say hi to all the fish and sea creatures floating by. He loves to read. Unfortunately our "library" here in Chile leaves much to be desired. We didn't bring any books down with us but the embassy has an exchange program where you can leave and take used books. We pretty much cleaned out the children's book department (we'll give them back when we leave) but they aren't exactly the most exciting books. Most of them are actually coloring books we read to Jay - his favorite being a "Journey to Erny" coloring/game book. He has a few memorized though: "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star", "Baby Bird Count", and "This Little Piggy". My personal favorite though is "Amoxil: Hoppy Helps Out." It features such lines as, "Johnny you have an infection... You will take amoxicillin three times a day." "How about Amoxil with twice-a-day dosing instead, Dr. Jones?" and "With twice-a-day dosing it's more convenient for me to give Johnny his medicine. Here's a carrot, Hoppy. I'm glad you came with us." LOL - I guess Amoxil is targeting children now too. Well, Jay is doing great. He's picking up a lot of Spanish and making friends. Only a month until he's 4!

The many faces of My-My...
What can I say about our sweetest girl? She's perfect! I love her in every way and I LOVE being her mommy. She's making all sorts of fun new sounds and she's chewing on everything. She has the most beautiful eyes and the happiest disposition. She is so soft and cuddly and she smells wonderful. I love her to pieces!!!

5 comments:

Angie said...

Cute CUTE pictures! They are so adorable together. Jay sounds like the sweetest big brother in the world, and Amaya is such a doll!

jill connelly said...

Anna, Lynn and I are sitting here looking and reading your blog. Couldn't be more precious. What adorable photos of the cutest kids ever and a fun personal peak into your life. I love Jay's vivid imagination. What an intelligent almost-four-year old. And you're right about Amaya being prefect. If Mike was worried about protecting his sisters years ago, whoa, watch out. Amaya will leave a trail of broken hearts. Thanks for the blog. Have a wonderful time in Argentina this weekend. xoxoxo

Melissa and Reed said...

Your kids should be models!! I loved jays stories. Especially about the shadow. I was laughing so hard. I had to go interrupt Reeds studying to tell him the story. You inspire me to update my blog. Give me a few more days and we'll get some 1 year old Brooklyn pictures up. Brooklyn also LOVE the pictures of her cutest cousins! She loves to point out their eyes and noses and ears (when she can see them).

Mikaela said...

HAHAHA, I would totally be creeped out by the shadow too! So glad you don't have a ghost, and beautiful pictures. Love the fighting things off during walks, and driving underwater.. . . honestly, where do they come up with this stuff?!?

María Pérez Sánchez said...

Anna!!! Amaya es guapísima!!! es una niña de anuncio para publicidad!!! me encantan estas fotos!!!! es adorable!!!