Tuesday, July 26, 2011

More good times with the fam

After being in Tahoe the kids and I headed to Fallon with my parents. Fallon is their home now, although they still spend time in Nevada City to help my grandma and my dad still works once a week. We were able to spend time in both places, which was great. MyMy's favorite thing to do was play in the water. What a surprise!




Jay and Amaya both loved playing with Nonna. She's so fun!


Papa also grew to be one of Amaya's favorite people - and Papa is one of the few words she can actually say!




One of Amaya's favorite things to do was be held and point to pictures. Nonna did this with her a lot but Papa was actually the one who did it the most. 

Jay being silly...

We spent many afternoons at the various parks and playgrounds Fallon has to offer. Jay had to test out every slide.







We'll never forget the momentous occasion of seeing Amaya take her first steps in the Fallon house!


Papa and I were sitting in the living room as Amaya walked around the coffee table, holding on to the edge, when I stretched out my arms for her to walk to me and she slowing made 3 wobbly steps right to me! It was pretty exciting. What a big girl!

In Nevada City we spent a lot of time with Nonna Great which was so fun. The kids had a great time playing with her plastic plates, just like I used to.









We also had fun celebrating my birthday in Nevada City. I especially loved the homemade gnocchi and lemon meringue pie. Thanks grandma and mom!! It was SOOOOO good.




Oh how I love my family!!!

3 comments:

jill connelly said...

Tell Grandma Erica the next time I'm in northern California I'll pay big bucks for a lemon meringue pie of hers! Yummy. Such cute photos. Can't wait to see your pictorial blog of our upcoming Lake Powell trip. Thanks for sharing your precious bundles with us.

Nonna said...

You are so right Jill, grandma's pies are excellent and I can't seem to duplicate!
Love our family!!
Hope Mike will join us next time...not the same without him but, I will take any time with our sweet Jay and MyMy I can get:)
I love you two!! Kisses, kisses, kisses sweet ones!

Nonna said...

How special to be present when MyMy took her first steps and her first bruises from her first steps:)
A thrilling time for her...independence! Watch out mommy and daddy, life will never be the same now..lol! Thank goodness MyMy has such a special brother to help her over the bumps and lumps:)