Sunday, August 28, 2011

Where did August go?


 My babies are growing up big and fast! Jay turns FIVE next month. What in the world?? My My is coming up on 18 months. They are both in great stages. Jay is so responsible. He is constantly helping me with Amaya. He truly knows how to help a mama in need. What would I do without my sweet little boy? Of course he and Amaya have their occasional disagreements. You tell me...

Snuggling?

Or smothering?

Sometimes he whines...

But most of the time he's the happiest, sweetest, smartest, kindest, most sensitive and loving kid I know.

I am completely in love with my little man. Even if the kids occasionally fight they are great friends for the most part. Here they are sitting in the bath tub together.

 Playing side by side, just happy to know you're there.

We recently discovered Jay has first "girlfriend"! Not that Jay has any idea what that means. This little girl, Skyler, told Jay he's her boyfriend and that was that. Get used to women telling you what to do ;)  She's in Jay's preschool class and our ward and is such a cute, funny little girl. She told her mom, "Jay's my boyfriend because he's hot - and not hot like the weather, hot like handsome. And also he always wears really cool clothes." Well Skyler I might as well be your boyfriend because I'm the one who buys his clothes and dresses him! He pretty much has no opinion on what he wears whatsoever. Jay's ABSOLUTE best friend in the whole world is Bryson Seedall.

Jay and Bryson could literally spend 12 hours a day, 7 days a week together. Indeed, I could probably leave Jay at Bryson's house for a week without him asking for us once. Okay, maybe he'd ask for us, but he has declared on several occasions how much he wishes we could live with the Seedall family. On the rare day they aren't together they even web chat. Here they are comparing firetrucks.


One struggle Jay and I have together are on the days he can't see Bryson for some reason. All day long he asks me about going to Bryson's or when we're going to be able to go next or why he can't come over. It's a big fiasco. Bryson's a sweet little kid though - so much like Jay. Honestly I prefer to have him at our house because he and Jay entertain each other so well and they rarely get into trouble or fight.

MyMy is my angel baby. I love her SO SO much. She is hilarious. She walks around the house babbling, pretending she's talking to us. Occasionally she actually knows a word like bath (or "ba") and bubu for milk. She also know Mama, Dada, Papa, Nana (for banana), Hi, Bye-bye, Uh oh, Oh no, Me, Amen, Baby, Sh (for shoes) and maybe a few more here and there. She totally loves her brother although sometimes she pulls his hair. Isn't it supposed to be the opposite? Her hair is growing in, slowly but surely. I think it will probably be the same texture and color as Jay's because his was pretty similar at her age. Right now she's a platinum blond and those blue eyes stuck!


I love her little toddling walk/run. I love her squeels. I love the huge smile she gives me and how she runs towards me with her arms stretched wide when I open my arms for her. 3 thing Amaya loves the most right now? Her buh buh, playing in water and stuffed animals.


She gravitates to water whenever she hears or sees it. We have to keep the toilets closed at all times. No matter what's in the bowl if she sees the toilet open she'll play in there. It isn't pretty. She also LOVES playing in the kitchen sink. Jay has fun playing in there with her too. She's my water girl!

She loves giving hugs to stuffed animals and carrying them around - even if they're as big as she is.
Her buh buh is her best friend. Both my kids seem to drink in all their nutrition during their second year of life. She used to be such a good eater!

Two more things to add to the list of things MyMy loves? Q-TIPS and climbing!!!! 


I have completely dedicated our extra Q-tips to Amaya, mostly because she has found all my hidden boxes and opened them. She absolutely LOVES taking the Q-tips in and out of their boxes. 

My girl is quite the climber. She is constantly getting up and on top of everything she can. Jay wasn't much of a climber at this age so I know I'm in for a very different experience with Amaya. I don't think I'll be lucky enough to have this one not try to climb out of her crib. She's been climbing before she could walk. Check her out.








What a cute little climber. I love my little explorin' girl!




 mmm... rocks.


I'll end this post with this fun happy birthday picture I made for Meme's 20th birthday!! We're so excited for her wedding coming up in less than two weeks. Woo hoo!


2 comments:

Nonna said...

What a wonderful mama Jay and MyMy have! Those babies are so loved by mommy and daddy they never stop smiling (well, maybe every once and a while the smile turns upside down!) and I giggle right along with them:)
Thank you soooo much for sharing these precious little babes with nonna and papa. Can't wait to cover them in hugs and kisses in September!

Mikaela said...

Such cute kids! I love your cushion covers for your rocker too. . .you need to post pictures of all your sewing projects. . . I am dying to see how your bedding etc turned out. On the other hand, maybe that is a bad idea, because then I will want to redo my whole house! Talk to you soon!