Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Trafico


Last night Mike was coming home (in traffic) when I realized we needed to be at our stake temple recommend interviews in 45 minutes. I quickly called him and to say the least he wasn't too excited about the prospect of fighting traffic to get to the hotel to pick us up and then fighting it to get back to the stake center. Not to mention it meant getting back late and having to scrounge up dinner in a pathetic "kitchen" at the hotel. By the time he picked us up his patience was definitely thin. As we putted along in traffic (on this exact road actually and in similar conditions) a taxi blatantly tried to cut us off. Mike refused to let him in and in crawling traffic the taxi kept trying to inch his way over until he was almost scraping our car.  Mike finally snapped and yelled, "Stop trying to come in!! If I'm not letting you in, STOP TRYING!!!" (in an angry voice) Jay and I knew he was frazzled - with good reason - and decided not to say anything. Then a few seconds later from the back seat we heard a cheerful, "Otay!" We all BUSTED up laughing!!! Amaya was the perfect answer to our stressful situation. The rest of the way to the interview we were all chuckling - it's amazing how our little one brightens the world without even knowing it. She sure is special!

2 comments:

Nonna said...

LOL, LOL, LOL...Amaya is such a kick!
She makes me giggle even when she is so far away!! Jay must have laughed his head off...he loves Amaya's antics:) A story for the generations to come:)

jill connelly said...

What a precious little angel. Out of the mouth of babes. What a funny story. And did you make it on time?? That traffic is incredible. As Mike say, and I'll say--Mike "tranquilo!"