Saturday, May 11, 2013

Over the mountain



For Martin's birthday we took a trip over the mountain back to our favorite Venezuelan restaurant.
It was a gorgeous day and when we got there Jay and Amaya even got to go fishing!



Amaya was sitting on her little chair with the fishing pole in her vest when all of a sudden the pole started jumping! She had caught a fish. She was super confused about what was happening but luckily everyone came running over to help her before she was dragged into the pond :) In the end the fish got away but Jay ended up catching TWO fish!!! They asked Jay if he wanted to eat it there or take it home. He immediately said, "Take it home!" Poor little guy, I think he thought he could take it home for a pet. He wasn't too disappointed though. We feasted on barbecued trout the next day.




The food at the restaurant was excellent as always and everyone so much enjoyed being out in the fresh mountain air. I love getting out of the city!


 Talented little girl!








2 comments:

jill connelly said...

I've looked at these several times but realized I've never commented so you know I've looked! Thanks ten million times again and again for showing Megs and Martin the time of their lives. You are going way above and beyond to show them Colombia, but to welcome them into your home the way you do is truly amazing. Thank you, thank you, thank you times ten million!!

Mikaela said...

Love all the pictures. My grandmother always told my sister that if you can touch your nose with your tongue you are a good kisser. I probably spent hours trying as a kid. . . don't verify but according to this rule I am not. My sister can, and history leads me to believe she is. ;op