Look at this kid! Have you ever seen a cuter little 6 year old? I can't believe he's turning 7 in about a week!!! Jay continues to be a perfect little first child. He is such a special kid, so sensitive to others and such a huge help to me. Mike has been traveling the past 2 weeks and I don't know what I would do without my Jay.
He and Amaya had school canceled a few weeks ago. Snow day? Nope, not in Colombia. It was canceled because there were too many protests going on around the city! When I told him school was canceled he asked me why. I told him it was too dangerous in the city to get there. He said to me matter of factly, "Oh right, because of the papabombas." Papabombas are essentially homemade bombs. What a different experience he's having! Now don't get scared... I don't think there were any going off anywhere near his school or near where we live but he had obviously heard people talking about them at school.
The kids had a great time playing with each other all day.
Mapunzel, you didn't let down your hair!! The kids both thought this was hilarious.
The day after school was canceled Jay ended up getting strep throat (following in his Uncle Cory's footsteps Jay gets strep at least 3 times a year). He was playing with the ipad in his bed when Amaya decided to join him. He is so sweet, letting her play with him.
These two DO fight but they also love each other so much. They wanted to sleep in the top bunk together one night. It's funny because the bottom is a full size but they wanted to be in the top together! Reminds me of Cory and I when we were little. I always snuck up onto the top bunk with him :) Jay was so cute the other day. He woke up on Saturday morning and Amaya wasn't in the bed so he went to look for her in the living room. When he couldn't find her he came running into my room (she was in there with me). When he saw her there he sincerely said, "Phew! I was so scared, I couldn't find Amaya anywhere!" He is amazing.
Here the 3 littles are on a "special night" we had when Mike was gone. We do these a lot when daddy is gone... movie and popcorn! The kids think it's so cool.
Tonight Jay lost his THIRD tooth!! My little guy is growing up so fast. I love him so much I think my heart might explode! I'm so proud of him and so SO SO grateful he is mine.







2 comments:
What a smile Jay...precious!
I am so proud of that BIG boy..he has all the perfect qualities of a big brother and old soul(just like 2 other kiddos I know well:)
Great play time for the kids while daddy was away...and Jay patiently played along with MyMy's favorite couple, Mapunsel and Flynn.
What a perfect mommy those kiddos have...popcorn and movies, couldn't be more special! and Eva, just chillin' haha! Glad daddy is home, though, so he can take over some play time (they miss Mr.Monster:)
Sorry about the strep though...think I am responsible for carrying that through the family..
Your pictures tell such happy stories.Bless you and thank you, Sweetie, for the amazing mom you are and the perfect yittles you are raising!
What a sweet blog and a sweet tribute to our little Jay Bug. He is precious beyond words. He came with an incredibly peaceful kind spirit however your teaching and guiding has made him into a remarkable little man.
What adorable photos of your ordinary life in Bogota, ordinary to you at least. Extra ordinary to all of us. Thanks again for sharing these tender home-life moments.
Post a Comment