Friday, July 04, 2014

4th of July!



We always seem to make our way to Utah for the 4th of July and we had another wonderful 4th there this year! We started off the week setting up fireworks in the front yard followed by a cul-de-sac of fire. Jay thought it was the coolest thing ever. It was so fun watching him be a normal American kid running around with the other neighborhood kids setting things on fire :) How I love our traditions! There really is no place like home. We love living overseas but being home does my heart good. Amaya and Eva were definitely not excited about the fireworks. Amaya lasted about 5 minutes before she was begging to go home. Someday she will enjoy them too with her brother!



































On the morning of the 4th we at our powdered doughnuts and watch the hot air balloons. Then we went down to watch the Provo City parade. The kids had a good time. It was hot as expected but we enjoyed ourselves. Nothing like a hometown parade. After the parade we had a big family lunch with the Taylor side complete with homemade icecream. That night we went to the Stadium of Fire! I didn't think Jay would be interested since in past years he had fallen asleep halfway through but he begged to come. I think he's finally old enough for it because he had a great time! Carrie Underwood was there this year which was a real treat. My favorite part is always patriotic part though where we sing the national anthem and watch the parachuters come down with the flag. It's all so magical sitting in the warm summer night air in Lavell Edward's stadium with the mountains surrounding us. I love it! And I love my country. There is nowhere like the USA!



























No comments: