Thursday, September 20, 2007

I Can Sew!!!

When I was back in Utah Jill decided she wanted to teach me how to sew. I was so excited! My mom and I had sewed a few times together, but it had been a long time so it was time to re-learn. When Jill showed me the project she wanted me to make I thought it would be impossible. It turned out to be really quite simple and very fun. I was amazed by the fact that I love sewing! The peice I worked on is a ducky wall hanging. It's hard to tell in the picture but the duckies actually pop out. It's a paper piecing pattern created by Ruth Jensen. Ruth happens to be Jill's neighbor and she is a fabulous quilter. Check out her wall hanging that appeared in the August 2007 Ensign. She really is amazing and I love all of her projects. I can't wait to make more. Jill was an excellent teacher. She showed me what to do and then let me do it. She was very encouraging and made the whole thing so much fun!

2 comments:

Summer said...

Hurray! It looks great! Maybe if I was as good at sewing as you are I would like it too...

jill connelly said...

I am sooo proud of you. This is only the first in many more to come! The photos of the wall hanging turned out "sew" well! Good work Anna.
Jill*