Monday, October 15, 2007

Carmona

While Mike was working one day Dan, Mikaela and I decided to venture out on our own. We ended up in the city of Carmona which is about 20 minutes from Sevilla. The best part about the city is the Parador which sits on top of a ridge and looks over the plains of Andalucia. The view is spectacular. This parador was converted from a 14th century Arabic fortress, the Alcázar de Puerta de Marchena, which was one of three castles that defended the city. I'm always impressed by these beautiful hotels. After seeing the Parador we wandered around the city. Mikaela found a car that was only slightly bigger than Jay's stroller, so of course we had to take a picture :) You actually don't need a driver's licence to drive these cars. We're pretty sure they have the same engine as a scooter. On the way home we accidentally took a different "road." Let's just say we're glad we didn't have any car trouble because I don't think anyone would have found us for days. Check out Dan and Jay snoozin' in the back seat.




View of the Parador


Walking into the Parador.


Closer look at the Parador's entry.


View from the Parador... yes, that's the pool and no, it didn't exist in Moorish times.

1 comment:

jill connelly said...

Anna, I love the stroller-mini car photo! Ha! The car is just slightly bigger--how funny. Megan would love one of those. The car, that is. Great shot of the two sleepy heads. So cute.
What adventures you're having.