
Fall in Andalucia isn't exactly a season changing event. Most of the time it still feels like summer here and nothing in the scenerly declares otherwise. Thankfully we no longer endure 100+ degree weather during the day. It's been sunny and in the 80s for awhile now. The cool air at night does make it much easier to sleep. While these changes do announce the Andalucian summer to be over, my mind is still convinced that Fall has yet to begin. I definitely miss the changing color of the leaves (which will happen here probably in January or Feburary). I almost forgot to get my fall decorations out until my mom sent me a few new Halloween decorations (thanks mom!). Every holiday decoration I own is either from my mother-in-law (those of you who no Jill know I have a lot) or my mom. I love putting up my seasonal decorations so I'm very blessed to have such considerate moms in my life :) There really is only one thing here that has alerted my senses to the change in seasons.

I had completely forgoten about the amazing manderine oranges that come out in the Fall until I happened upon them in the grocery store a few days ago. I was thrilled! Not only do they taste divine but they're also easy to peel and a perfectly sized snack. How could they get any better you ask? Jay loves them!!! I could not beleive the way he barraged me with demanding shouts to share as I ate my first orange. He can't get enough of them. Finally the kid will eat something good for him. So manderine oranges have now climbed higher on my list of favorite foods.

Jay actually has been eating better lately in general. He's taken to bananas again and I've even snuck a few beans and carrots into his diet. He's been excited about sweet potatoes too, so we're coming along. He absolutely loves to be outside. He could crawl around for hours in our patio. He's such a joy to be around. I hardly have to do anything to keep him entertained although I love playing with him. In fact right now he's opened up my cupboards and is pulling out various pots and pans. Ooo! There goes a few bottles of sweet potatoes rolling by. He so easily entertains himself. A few days ago I was talking to my mom on the phone and I noticed I could no longer hear him in the other room. I walked into the bathroom and there he was, sitting on the floor with a pile of toilet paper surrounding him.

I'm happy that I don't feel any anger at his messes. It really just makes me glad to know he's learning so much. I know as he gets older the messes will get only bigger, so we'll see how my tolerance holds out.
2 comments:
Two weeks from today and I'll get to feed that precious boy mandarian oranges myself! I'm sooo excited to be with you. Thank you for letting Little Bug explore to his heart's content, even when it means messes. YOu are such an excellent mother. Dare I say, there's never been better!
Hey guys, I LOVED the mandarin oranges in Spain...thanks for reminding me how good they are. pg
Post a Comment