
Today Jay and I found ourselves outside playing in puddles. It rained all night long which created a perfect environment for running around, jumping in and throwing rocks into small puddles in the warm (50 degree) air. I ha
d a great time taking pictures since it was overcast. As always, Jay is my handsomest subject. We've actually been outside twice so far today. The first time we went jog/walking (I actually went jogging 3 times this week!). After exercising Jay played around in the puddles for a while until we were soaked through (it was still raining at that time). Jay's gotten to the point where he knows we're going outside before the words "bye bye" or "outside" even escape my lips. He knows this by observing 1.my shoes are on and 2.my coat is on. In fact I have to be very careful how I time the putting on of said shoes and coat. If Jay sees I have them on he runs to the door begging to get out. This makes it difficult to get his shoes and coat on. If I do his first then he refuses to let me put him down, thinking I'll leave without him if I do, which makes it difficult for me to put on my shoes and coat. Actually as of late he's been much more cooperative.
If I say, "Do you want to go bye bye? Then we need to put your shoes on"he'll promptly stick his feet in the air so that I can get the shoes on a fast as possible. All the while I know he's squirming inside to get down and to the door. Good practice of patience I'd say. Today is the first time since Jay has understood the whole shoes and coat thing where he actually saw my coat and dragged it over to me to put on. I could tell he was thinking, "If I can only get this coat on mom then we'll go back outside." I was happy to see another connection manifest itself so I happily obliged my little scientist. Out we went into the exciting, overcast, wet world to play. Well, to learn really. Actually they're the same to Jay.
One of highlights of being outside was finding two medium sized clam shells in the bottom of a stack of planter pots with shallow water inside. Jay couldn't take his hands off these new treasures and went back to the pots numerous times to check out the water they came from again. We also played hide-and-seek around the house and watched a huge tractor pulling a bigger load of manure down the road. Jay tried to follow it but the tractor was just too fast for him. Mommy didn't really want to catch up anyway.
I also took pictures of one of my new favorite Easter decorations. I've seen several of these trees around adorned with beautiful painted Spring eggs. I especially love this tree/bush since it has so much character to go along with the rainbow of shells. Isn't this a fun idea? I think a lot of people buy the eggs but it would be fun to start a tradition where you make your own. Perhaps it would be better to do it once your children are a little older. From what I remember from elementary school you have to poke a small holein the top of a raw egg and let the juices train out. Is that right? How do you get the ribbon to attach? Anyone out there with experience making and decorating hollow eggs?Now we're back inside with hot chocolate warming our bellies. I think Jay would prefer to still be outside but most of his clothes were soaked and the wind was starting to blow. Sorry little guy! We'll have to go out again tomorrow.






3 comments:
What a cutie pie! I can't believe how fast they grow up. I love it when you can really start to see the wheels turning ... when they start to put things together. I love to read all about yours and Jay's adventures. I can totally relate. Being a mom is great!
I love the puddle fun pics! Jay is so intent on placing the rocks just so, then trying to use his tool (shovel) to push them around. He is such a smartie and has a mom who let's him experiment to his heart's content. You are such a wonderful mommy! When Jay is in to coloring, buy some chalk for the sidewalks and he'll have a ball (unless your German neighbors don't appreciate creative sidewalks). I love you sweeties! xoxo @mom
I love his little hoodie & rolled up jeans! Darling pics too! Isn't it fun to take pics of them doing things that seem insignificant to others, but are so fabulous to us? Can't wait to see you guys for Easter! Oh, and I see those eggs in the stores, but I don't know how you would string a ribbon through. Poke two holes near the top and string it through? I don't know I'll ask around and maybe we can make those Easter Sunday. Then again, it's kind of too late to decorate then!
Post a Comment