
Mike and I went on a date last night since our awesome neighbor offered to watch Jay. It was so much fun hanging out with my husband. I love spending time with him. For our date we went to the Base to see Vantage Point, which we really enjoyed. I have to mention that I have never been to a movie on a military base before. It was a fun experience. First, the price was incredible since it was in dollars and cheaper than any theater I've been to in the States besides. Then the manager handed out free candy just to say thank you to all the military and military support serving overseas. On top of that they also gave everyone a $10 gift card for future movie use. Wow! When it came time for the movie to start something unusual (for me) happened. When the lights went out and the screen came on everyone in the theater suddenly stood up . Why do you ask? Because the National Anthem was playing. Yup! Before every movie is shown a video of a group singing the National Anthem is played. The video also shows several historic and patriotic places in America. It made me miss home but it was nice to be able to honor our country. Anyway, we had a great time at the movies. It has been so long since we've been to a movie at the theaters together! That's what having an extremely curious baby does to you.
After the movie we had an excellent meal at a local Mexican restaurant. This might not seem like much but I was thrilled to have real, Americanized Mexican food again. Since we live in an area with around 50,000 Americans there are a lot of restaurants around catering to Americans. We had chips and salsa and shared sizzling fajitas. mmmm... just typing that makes my mouth water. We were going to get fried ice cream too but we were too full from popcorn and dinner. Oh well, I guess we'll just have to go back!
4 comments:
That does sound great! It is so nice to get out once in a while. How was the movie? Is it a must see?
mmm...fajitas. Can't wait! Glad you guy got a date night. Maybe one day soon we'll get one too!
What's up guys? That food looks good.
Hurray for you guys!!! Aren't date nights the best?!? Paul and I do a weekend swap with another couple with 2 kids that are our kids ages. They go out friday for 2 to 2 1/2 hours while we watch their kids then on Saturday night it's our turn. It's great because we get time alone, the kids look forward to playing with friends, we don't have to pay a babysitter (which we couldn't afford and there are none here anyways) and it's an equal trade. I hate asking people for favors. I know you guys are in a different situation so i'm glad you had an opportunity to get out alone! I don't know how our marriage would have survived med school (and 2 kids) without our date nights!
Post a Comment