
Holland is absolutely beautiful. On our way up to Amsterdam we stopped to see the famous windmills in Kinderdijk. We had perfect weather and walking along the canal with windmills on either side felt like stepping into a storybook. The windmills were built around 1740 and have been very well preserved up until today. In 1997 the site was put on the World Heritage List of UNESCO.
Jay especially enjoyed watching the many ducks and other birds along the waters edge. We watched one little Mudhen for several minutes as it swam back and forth gathering reeds to make it's nest. Many of the ducks had little ducklings trailing behind them. They were so cute!

2 comments:
Wow, you sure so have some amazing adventures. I bet you guys are having the time of your lives. Oh, and I love the pictures of Jay in the tulips. How beautiful!
I'm so impressed with how much you've posted so far! And I LOVE the new blog look! Perfect for with those tulips. By the way, I think it's you that ought to go into photography, not me!
Post a Comment