Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!!
We had a nice, quiet Father's Day here in Spain. Mike pointed out that it is actually his fourth Father's Day since Spain celebrates Father's Day in March. While we live here he gets to celebrate twice a year! Too bad he doesn't get presents on the Spanish Father's Day too! Speaking of presents, I'd say Jay and I did pretty well this year. First Mike opened his cool new bookmarks from Jay. Since daddy loves to read Jay decided he might need some specially made bookmarks from his little boy. Each was decorated by Jay and has a picture of our little Roo at the top. I decided this might become a Father's Day tradition. You can always use a bookmark. As far as Mike's second Father's Day gift... well I'll just let you watch him open it. As a young lad Ty Detmer was Mike's idol. He knew virtually every statistic on the BYU Heisman Trophy winning quarterback of 1990. Of course he's still his favorite BYU quarterback of all time. Look how happy he is!!! After opening presents we cooked up a scrumptious Father's Day dinner. We made kabobs on the BBQ. They weren't any regular kabobs though. They included pre-marinated mushrooms and chicken. The chicken was wrapped in bacon and then skewered with the mushrooms and several chunks of pineapple in between. They were INCREDIBLE!!! Speaking of food, I also make Mike some homemade cinnamon rolls on Saturday morning. My first try! They pretty good if I do say so myself. Oh how I love allrecipes.com. And we love our wonderful husband/daddy too! Happy Father's Day Mike! And Happy Father's Day to Papa Lee and Papa Lynn too! We miss you both so much and hope you had a great day.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Hey guys! I can't believe how grown up Jay is. He is quite a handsome devil! Those kabobs look amazing. I hope our paths cross again and that it isn't too far down the road. We miss you guys.

Summer said...

We think you're pretty awesome too Mike. And Anna and Jay : )

Angie said...

Good job on Father's Day, Anna! An autographed football, homemade bookmarks, kabobs, AND cinnamon rolls?? NICE! :)

Julie said...

Those kabobs look so delicious, I want to make some! I am glad you had a good fathers day! So when are you guys coming over for a visit?

Mueller Family said...

thats funny you got a Detmer Autograph. When I was around 12 he lived down the street from me and I found the invite to his reception last week, I even took it to work to show everybody! I think I have some other goodies he gave me, you gotta check them out. That is one cute kid you guys got! Love -Al & Trish