Saturday, September 27, 2008

Hawaiian Vacation

We're obviously back from our trip to the States but as usual I'm behind on my blogging. I have a ton of pictures so bear with me. Here's a recap of our last week in Hawaii.
Here we are at the Maui Ocean Center. Jay loved the fishes! I haven't seen him as excited as he was there maybe ever. He just kept pointing and saying, "Oh, oh, fishy! Oh, fishy! Fishy!!" He was thrilled, to say the least. We got a video of him but I don't have it here, mom will have to send it on. He was so adorable! The Ocean Center was certainly a highlight of our trip.
This guy was a little scary when he got too close. So cool though!

Check out his Unicorn Fish. We couldn't believe the size of his horn!
Jay and Nona playing in the outdoor tidal pool.
Ooo, slimy!
Here's Jay with his favorite new friend Abby. He still hasn't stopped talking about her! They had a great time throwing rocks into the water together.

After going to the Maui Ocean Center we drove to the other side of the island so Jay could take a nap in the car. We went to Makena Big Beach and it was beautiful. It was sort of rainy and so there were fewer people out. We were told it's been raining a lot on that side of the island lately which is why it is so green right now. There are even plants growing in the volcano fields! The drive was so pretty. You can't beat the views on Maui!

One day we met Cory and our good friend Rhonda for lunch at the golf course. The food was fantastic. We sat at a table next to a crew of construction workers on their lunch break. One woman had her dog with her and Jay couldn't stop talking about it. The owner and her dog shared a meal together. She fed him right off her own fork! She gave Jay a handful of noodles to feed the dog too and he thought that was pretty amazing.
After lunch I went golfing with Cory. Well, I road in the cart and walked while he golfed. The course was incredible. It's hard to appreciate the views from these pictures but take my word for it they were spectacular! (they'd better be for $175 a round - don't worry, Cory had a discount) I had such a wonderful time with Cory. Not only was it really fun to watch him golf - he's definitely an above average golfer - but I also just enjoyed the opportunity to hang out and talk. I love my big brother so much. He's so good to me. I think every big brother should take lessons from him on how to be the perfect sibling.
The sunset was amazing!

One night we went out to Kobe's for dinner. Jay loved the show, although the fire part did scare him a little.

Here's Jay and Papa hanging out together, watching movies.

On our last night in Maui we went to Lelani's for dinner, our favorite. Dad loves the "wedge" salad (a huge wedge of iceberg lettuce smothered in blue cheese dressing and bacon bits). All the food there is incredible including the famous Hula Pie. Jay loved the pie most I think.
Before dinner we were walking around the outdoor mall and a man at the Volcom store gave Jay these cool shades. I was amazed he wore them for as long as he did. He normally hates sunglasses. He definitely was feeling the vibe :)
One last treat before we go. Jay loves chocolate!

Here are some pictures of the house. It's so beautiful!

3 comments:

Angie said...

Wow... It is so gorgeous there! And I love the pictures of Jay in his little hawaiian shirt. That is too cute!

Tayla said...

What an amazing trip! Looks like you guys had a blast. The Ocean Center looked like great fun. I'm convinced that places with fish are the best to take toddlers. Max loved Sea World when we took him there. There is so much to see, and, unlike the zoo where it is hard to see the animals, they can see the fish easily.

jessicalangprice said...

It looks beautiful and like you guys had a lot of fun. I can't wait to see it someday! Miss you guys!