
We have been having a wonderful, relaxing time in Maui. This island is absolutely beautiful. We've been here about a week now and it's easy to get used to this laid back, sun soaked life.

The water is so warm here. I always forget how much warmer it is than anywhere else I've been. Even the Mediterranean doesn't compare in my mind. Jay is in heaven, of course. His days are filled with auga, auga, agua! Almost every morning Papa takes him out swimming in the swimming pool out back.

He loves to jump off the side of the pool into Papa's arms and he also enjoys standing on the bottom step with just his little head above water. Dropping his cars in the water and watching Papa pick them up is fun too. He's taken in a few mouthfuls of water which he absolutely hates but he's always willing to get back in. He's usually in and out of the pool a few times a day.

He thinks splashing water is really funny and it's downright hilarious when mommy has to avoid getting it in her face. His laughter is so infectious! Jay also loves looking at the birds in the backyard. They're always coming to eat at the Cheerio filled bird feeder. Of course they tend to fly away when he gets too close. Watching the geckos scramble up and down the walls is another favorite activity. They make the funniest squeaking noises. There is plenty of animal life here to keep a 2 year old entertained.

Jay has also discovered the cool stone grinding bowls in the back yard. They are filled with water and throwing rocks in them makes a big splash. When we do leave the house the beach is Jay's favorite place to go.

He loves the one across the street. The water is so warm that he can play in it for hours without getting cold. Nona is really good at making big splashes in the auga. Jay likes to pick up huge rocks and hand them over for her to throw into the water.

The bigger the better. I can't believe how much he can lift. Some of those rocks have to be one quarter of his weight! There are plenty of beaches around.

Baby beach is nice because the waves are less violent for a 2 year old. Jay enjoyed digging in the sand there and washing mom's toes off with his plastic salt-water filled watering can.

We also raced beach nuts down the sloping sand.

In the end Jay decided throwing them in the water was more fun than watching them race though. We've also been to our favorite beach, Napili Kai.

Turns out it isn't the best beach for babies. The incline of the sand is just a little too steep. The waves break just exactly where it's shallow enough for Jay to stand and the ocean swells nearly wash over our heads when I hold Jay in the water. I guess we'll have to wait until he's a little older to enjoy Napili properly. We love staying out late enough to watch the sunsets at the beach. They are amazing. There's nothing like watching the sun set over the ocean. Of course Jay is usually more excited about the doggies digging in the sand and throwing rocks in the ocean than he is in the sunset.

We've walked into old Lahaina town several times since we've been here. There are several new galleries open. I met the artist Ruby Mazur, origional creator of the mouth and tongue - a symbol of the Rolling Stones.

He's done over 3,000 album covers throughout his career. He's a pretty cool guy. When I asked him if he was tight with the Stones he said they've been rocking together for over 30 years. You never know who you'll meet in Maui!

We've also been blessed to see Cory while we've been here. He's here with his girlfriend Katlyn and her family. It's so good to see my brother. He's such a stud. Jay still can't say his name - it's one of the only names he hasn't gotten yet. He does try though and he's pretty good at saying Uncle.

He does love playing with his Uncle Cory. Just like daddy Cory likes to rough-house which means plenty of flips in the air and hanging upside down. Overall, the food has been great, the beaches beautiful and the company the best. I couldn't ask for a better place to spend my time away from Mike. Wish you were here honey!

Jay loved "pushing" the bags along the luggage belt at the airport.

Dad on our cool new bike about to head into town.

Pretty waves and a sailboat.
Mommy and Jay in front of the house.
6 comments:
How much fun are you having!!! I am so jealous!!!
WOW--looks like heaven there. How fun to be with your family in such an awesome place. I sure wish Jay and Christian could play...they would be such little buddies (and it looks like they have a similar wardrobe;) Hope you don't have too much fun.
It's going to be hard to convince you guys to come home. I love and miss you guys
Those pictures of you and Jay together are so cute Anna. You guys do so many fun things! I'm glad to hear your trip is going so well!
Hello!!! I just refound your blog and I've spent the past hour looking at pics and reading about the adventures of your beautiful family!! It actually made me tear up a little!! hehe...all the memories of our BFF days came flooding back!! give me a call when you are back on the main land! my new email address is tcoffey@bubbagump.com. Love ya!
PS tell your family I say hello!!! You son is so HANDSOME!!!
Post a Comment