I had the glorious opportunity to visit my husband down in Honduras while my parents watched Jay. We spent two wonderful weeks together. I cannot even begin to write what a blessing it was to be together again. My husband is awesome. I love him so much and am so grateful for the sacrifice he is making for our country and for our family.
Honduras is a beautiful country. It was so fun to see where Mike is living and to meet his friends and co-workers. Mike had to do some work on a little Honduran island called Roatan while I was there, so I came along for the ride. It was the perfect time to be visiting. During Mike's off-time we did some incredible stuff. Roatan is an absolute paradise. The water is crystal clear and the beaches are pure white sand. It's not very crowded or touristy either since it's still pretty undiscovered.
I 100% recommend taking a trip there. We stayed at this little beach resort called Bananarama. It was a beautiful spot. Roatan has the second largest reef after the Great Barrier Reef in the world. It made for some awesome snorkeling and scuba diving.
When we went scuba diving we saw so many cool fish and coral. We also saw a turtle and a huge eel. Some of our favorite creatures were these funny anemone that would suck their tentacles in when we waved our hands over the top of them. Then we could watch as they slowly crept back out again. It was awesome. I loved how clear it was under the water. The strong sun made the colors underwater show bright and pure. Diving is such a surreal experience. We loved it.
We also were able to go to a private dolphin show while we were there. We got in the water with the dolphins and were able to pet them and take pictures with them. We even got a kiss from a dolphin!


Another super fun thing we did was ride on a huge zip line course. There were about 15 zip lines, each ranging from 50 - 150 yards long. It was awesome. At one point I was going down a zip line when a huge eagle soared right up right next to me. It was surreal. The views from the zip line were so beautiful.



When we weren't doing all of these fun activities we were kayaking, snorkeling, playing in the water, eating awesome food (including the best smoothies ever and yummy Mexican food from a restaurant called Cannibals) and lying on the beach. One night we even saw a crab race followed by a fire dancing show. So cool. I love Roatan! And I love my husband.



9 comments:
That looks like so much fun! I bet more than anything it was nice to see Mike. You guys always have so much fun.
So fun! I love the big smile on your face in each picture!
I am so happy that you were able to spend some time with Mike! It looks like you had a good time in an amazing place. :)
Me encantan las fotos Anna! Qué bien lo pasastes no?No sé si yo me atrevería a ser tan aventurera como tu y colgarme de esa cuerda tan alta!!! el delfín creo que si!!! :)
Ya quedo menos para que vengas a Spain
kisses
Yay! I've been waiting to see this post. I can't tell, do you love your hubby? Haha, I'm sure it was awesome to see him and you are missing him again. I hope the time goes by quickly for you. Oh, and you have a hot body, especially for being a mamacita!
Anna! You are such a world traveler! Seriously, I don't think I'll ever go to even a fourth of the places you go! I'm so glad you were able to see Mike. I bet that was about the best thing in the whole world. I hope the rest of his time away goes by like lightning speed.
Looks like so much fun! That's so great you were able to see Mike. I can totally relate to having your husband living somewhere else...all I can say is having them away at least makes the time you have together so exciting when you finally do get to hang out! Hang in there...!
What an amazing experience. I am so happy that you were able to spend some time with your hubby. We sure miss you guys.
What an awesome opportunity! And two weeks? Wow! I'm sure you were super excited to finally be with your husband again!
Post a Comment