Thursday, March 11, 2010

Money makes the world go 'round

Our conversation in the car yesterday on the way to drop off daddy at work:

Jay: "Where are we going now?"
Mom: "We're dropping daddy off at work. He has to go to work now."
Jay: "Why daddy? Why you have to go to work?"
Dad: "I have to go to work so I can get some money to take home."
Jay: "Oh, you get money there? And take it home daddy?"
Dad: "Yes!"
Jay: "Why you need money daddy?"
Dad: "We need money so we can buy things, like food and clothes and to pay for a house to live in."
Jay: "Yeah and you get money at work, right daddy?"
Dad: "Right Jay."

- Jay, thinking... thinking...

Jay: "Mommy doesn't like going to work to get money so she doesn't go to work."
Mom: Laughing... "That's right Jay. I don't like to work so I make daddy do it! Where does mommy go Jay?"
Jay: "Mommy goes home!"

I love how little kids reason.

5 comments:

Angie said...

What a sweet little guy! I love his reasoning! And he really looks like Mike in this picture... He is growing up fast!

María Pérez Sánchez said...

Qué gracioso es Jay!!!! La verdad es que mamá trabaja mucho en casa cuidándote a ti y haciendo las cosas de la casa...que ya es mucho...verdad Anna? Me encanta la mente y el razonamiento de los niños....

Mikaela said...

HAHA, I love how you put these little conversations on your blog, it makes Jay's personality so much more apparent, hang in there for just a little longer and little sister will be here!!

Melissa and Reed said...

Oh you are just the cutest Jay bug! I made jays picture big and Brooklyn kept smiling and smiling. Then she was trying to do everything she could to grab at it. She's never done that to the computer (although she does like it quite a bit). She just must know that he a pretty fun, extra special cousin! I don't know if you've heard, but we're going to Utah over the 4th of July! Yahoo! Can't wait to squeeze each of you...and especially that little new snuggle!

jill connelly said...

I love you little Bug. I miss you already. Thank you for being so wonderful. I love your singing, I love telling you stories, I love snuggling with you. And I love the cute things you say. Especially this one. Someday, little Jay, you might know how HARD your mommy works even though the paycheck doesn't come in the mail. YOU are her paycheck.