Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Feliz Dia de Pascua!



Gotta love the Colombian Easter bunny ;) Last weekend we were able to go to an Easter party at the ambassador's house. The kids had a great time! There was an Easter egg hunt, crafts and coloring and yummy food. They even had hot chocolate! By the way, I don't think I've mentioned it yet but the hot chocolate here is AMAZING!!! They call it chocolate´ and it is absolutely delicious. They make it by heating milk over a gas stove in a metal pitcher, adding a bar of special chocolate and letting it melt together to create the richest, yummiest hot chocolate I think I've ever had! I'll definitely have to send some of the bars home so you can try it too. Anyway, back to Easter...

Getting ready for the "hunt." Why is it that at organized egg hunts the eggs are always out in the open grass?? That's not an egg hunt! That's an egg "run and pick up 10 eggs as fast as you can for 30 seconds."


Ok, where's the candy?

Thanks for the help hermano!


Mmmm.. something yummy is in here!


Sharing with Ariana! 

 Jay's turn!!!

 It was a mad dash but Jay definitely ended up with his fair share of eggs.

 Jay and Mika :)

 Craft time!




Playtime outside lasted an extra hour and a half. So nice to have such a HUGE grassy place to run around in. The kids were very happy. They definitely didn't want to leave. At one point though Amaya somehow found a tiny path that led to some steps which led to a long driveway which led to the street. We let the kids run around and play, figuring it was the ambassador's house and there was no way they could escape since security is SO good there. Of course our daughter would find the one "non-safe" place to go. Jay came running up to me yelling, "Amaya's in the street!" I ran after him and discovered her almost to the end of the driveway. Truth be told she wasn't in any real danger since she couldn't have made it past the huge blockade, giant gate and armed guard. The guard was definitely giving me funny looks when I finally caught up to her though. We were certainly out of the official "party zone." Hahaha!

 Hmmm... what's with this guy?

Peet-a-doo!! He's alright :)

 Easter morning.


They scored big time!

3 comments:

I'm Megan. He's Martin. We love each other. said...

Anna! They have that EXACT CHOCOLATE HERE! We just bought tons of it to bring home! This looks like SUCH a blast. I love that you had to chase Mymy like a crazy woman. I can just see that. You are the best momma ever. Miss you guys SO much! Can't wait to see you in July!

Nonna said...

What a great Easter egg hunt-run! And I guess MyMy found her own path of fun too...what a little snickerdoodle. Jay is such a lovingly watchful brother to always know where she has escaped to and sound the alarm:)
Your Colombian adventures are never dull but full of surprises:)
Love those yittles!!!
Thanks for sharing the recipe for best hot chocolate ever...better bring an extra suitcase full of those bars because now the secret is out! Love, love, love you all!!

jill connelly said...

So fun to catch up on all your blogs. With getting ready to leave the country, then two weeks gone, then one week putting life together I'm way behind. What a fun Easter celebration. Adorable photos because adorable children. Could they come any cuter? No! I love the Columbian bunny interchange with Amaya. So cute. xoxo